You see...my doctor told me at 36 weeks that I was nearly 2 cm dilated and she didn't expect for me to make it to the 38 week mark. I, therefore, convinced myself that Braden would make his appearance over Thanksgiving break. As I left school the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, all the teachers shared their warm wishes for my delivery (they were convinced, as I was, that he would be coming early.) Let me just tell you...the Monday after Thanksgiving when my alarm went off, I had to fight back the tears. As I was putting on my make-up, I couldn't fight them any longer and broke down and cried. As I was getting in the car to actually make the trip to work, I cried again. On Thursday...exactly a week after Thanksgiving Day...my doctor induced me.SO...I began thinking...maybe I can induce Delilah. We are going to go for a walk this afternoon to see if we can get something started! I am SO ready for the arrival of our new puppies!! The vet told us last Monday that she should have them within the week, and that only gives her two more days. I am all too familiar with the feelings she must be experiencing! Not to mention...dogs produce milk before they have their babies, unlike humans. I keep telling her that if she will just have the babies, she will be much more comfortable!! Doesn't she just look ready to you!?!
Okay...I'll keep you updated on that!

On another note, Braden had his 4 month birthday on April 1st. Time is passing SO SO quickly. I can't wait for this summer when I will be able to spend every day with him! I don't want to miss anything!!
This has been a fun month.
He has been talking a lot. It is so fun to hear his coos, laughs, giggles, and excited squeals. Sometimes we just sit and laugh at each other. The harder I laugh, the harder he laughs, and vice versa.
He is trying to roll over, but has not accomplished this feat as of now. He can get onto his side, but we have to help with that last little push.
We tried cereal the other night. He still pushes more out with his tongue than he swallows, so we might wait a little while before we try again. Obviously, he is getting plenty to eat!!
He is mostly wearing 9 month clothes, but this week he wore 12 months on two days. We also bought some really cute sandals (you can't really see them in the picture) and some cute brown dress shoes to wear with his khakis. Even though shoes are pointless at his age, they sure do look cute!!
As you can see...they boy doesn't have much hair. What he does have is so light that you can't see it unless the sun is shining on it.
His drool is out of control!! Today I went to pick him up from his bouncy chair, and the entire top half of his shirt was wet from drool. I guess we should start putting a bib on him!
We can't keep his fist out of his mouth. He loves his fingers...and his theory is the more the better. He never uses his thumb...only fingers or fist. We have to bundle his hands inside his swaddling every night to keep his pacifier in his mouth...otherwise he takes it out to put his fingers in, and then gets mad that his pacifier is gone.He really loves to kick. Whenever we put him in his car seat, he kicks his feet, as if he would take off and run if we put him down. We put the little bug mobile that hooks onto the car seat low enough where he could kick it, and he loves watching the little bugs go flying after his foot makes contact. Maybe he will play soccer!?!
He has discovered the TV...and it makes him no difference what is on, as long as he can see it. He will actually stop eating to turn his head to see the TV. We have tried putting Baby Einsteins in, or turning it to something somewhat educational for him to watch when he is intrigued...as long as one of our shows isn't on :)
We are so thankful for the blessing we have in Braden. It is truly amazing the love we have discovered!! When I married Adam, it helped me to understand better the love Christ has for me as His bride, and now that I have Braden I can better understand Christ's love for me as His child. It is amazing how complete His love is for us, and overwhelming to be loved so much by Him! We are blessed beyond comprehension.




3 comments:
Poor De-Lie...I hope they come soon:) I was thinking maybe we could come stay with you and Adam Friday or Sat night next weekend to hopefully see the new pups.
Love you!
Oh, Delilah looks ready to pop! Isn't it funny that a week ago you weren't even sure if she was really pregnant or not?? I would say there is NO DOUBT now! Call us when they arrive. We can't wait to hear what they look like!
And, that was such a wonderful post about Braden Boy. He is more than adorable, and I love the "summary" you gave of the things he is doing. That will be priceless to you someday to have that written down....
Love you sister. :)
One more thing...I had to put that squeezable picture of Braden as my background on my computer. It makes me smile (literally) everytime I get on it:)
Post a Comment