Today is my first official day of my summer!! We didn't have kiddos on Friday, but we still had to go to work. But now...the fun can officially begin!!
This weekend was great. Chelsea has been asking for a while now to keep Braden overnight. Adam and I haven't taken a trip or done anything that would warrant an overnight babysitter yet, so Chelsea has been encouraging us to "take the leap" and leave him for a night. She even picked the date...the last day of school. SO, Friday afternoon we packed up. Kendyll had called to tell me to make sure and pack Braden's swim shorts, so with swimming gear in tote, we headed for Aunt Chelsea's. Of course Braden was greeted promptly by a VERY excited cousin who assured us she would take excellent care of our sweet boy.
Adam and I eventually made it out the door and headed out to dinner. We went to El Fenix and had good Mexican food, complete with a special Mexican drink :) We then went to the first movie we have seen since Braden's birth...six months ago!! We saw The Break-up. Cute movie...Adam said he would recommend waiting to rent it. It was funny though.
After the movie we went to spend a night at The Embassy Suites: Outdoor World. Upon our arrival, we stood on our balcony for a while, which overlooked 114, 121, 635, and the DFW airport (quite a romantic view). We sat in the hot tub for a while, swam in the pool, and laid on the sun deck lounge chairs and talked for a while. The sun had already gone to bed, which made the temperature perfect!
The next morning we enjoyed a "cooked to order" breakfast at the hotel. Adam ordered a custom omelet, which we shared, and we had fruit, bacon, and a biscuit. Let me say...the pineapple was DELICIOUS! After breakfast we headed to my most favorite place...what?...did you say Outdoor World...then you were right! Okay...it is not my favorite place, but Adam quite enjoyed the fact that our hotel was attached to this Bass Pro Shop and we HAD to go see if there was any fishing lures on sale. Don't worry...he found 4!!
After Outdoor World, it is only fair to take me to one of my favorite places...so we headed to Grapevine Mills. There are really only a few stores that I shop at in this monstrosity of a mall, but it actually has The Loft, which is a favorite of mine. We (or should I say I) enjoyed shopping for a while and then we headed to Aunt Chelsea's to get Braden.
When we got there, they had just gotten back from the pool, and he was all tuckered out. He slept for most of that afternoon, and went to bed an hour earlier than he normally does. I think he had a great time! SO...thanks, Jacobs family, for taking good care of our little boy! He had so much fun playing with his big cousins and can't wait to come swimming again! I'll leave you with couple his 6 month cow pictures.
This weekend was great. Chelsea has been asking for a while now to keep Braden overnight. Adam and I haven't taken a trip or done anything that would warrant an overnight babysitter yet, so Chelsea has been encouraging us to "take the leap" and leave him for a night. She even picked the date...the last day of school. SO, Friday afternoon we packed up. Kendyll had called to tell me to make sure and pack Braden's swim shorts, so with swimming gear in tote, we headed for Aunt Chelsea's. Of course Braden was greeted promptly by a VERY excited cousin who assured us she would take excellent care of our sweet boy.
Adam and I eventually made it out the door and headed out to dinner. We went to El Fenix and had good Mexican food, complete with a special Mexican drink :) We then went to the first movie we have seen since Braden's birth...six months ago!! We saw The Break-up. Cute movie...Adam said he would recommend waiting to rent it. It was funny though.
After the movie we went to spend a night at The Embassy Suites: Outdoor World. Upon our arrival, we stood on our balcony for a while, which overlooked 114, 121, 635, and the DFW airport (quite a romantic view). We sat in the hot tub for a while, swam in the pool, and laid on the sun deck lounge chairs and talked for a while. The sun had already gone to bed, which made the temperature perfect!
The next morning we enjoyed a "cooked to order" breakfast at the hotel. Adam ordered a custom omelet, which we shared, and we had fruit, bacon, and a biscuit. Let me say...the pineapple was DELICIOUS! After breakfast we headed to my most favorite place...what?...did you say Outdoor World...then you were right! Okay...it is not my favorite place, but Adam quite enjoyed the fact that our hotel was attached to this Bass Pro Shop and we HAD to go see if there was any fishing lures on sale. Don't worry...he found 4!!
After Outdoor World, it is only fair to take me to one of my favorite places...so we headed to Grapevine Mills. There are really only a few stores that I shop at in this monstrosity of a mall, but it actually has The Loft, which is a favorite of mine. We (or should I say I) enjoyed shopping for a while and then we headed to Aunt Chelsea's to get Braden.
When we got there, they had just gotten back from the pool, and he was all tuckered out. He slept for most of that afternoon, and went to bed an hour earlier than he normally does. I think he had a great time! SO...thanks, Jacobs family, for taking good care of our little boy! He had so much fun playing with his big cousins and can't wait to come swimming again! I'll leave you with couple his 6 month cow pictures.







5 comments:
We had SUCH a good time with Braden Boy (aka B.B.) too! I'll email you pics right now, so you can have them. I will be blogging about it tomorrow. (had to do the lemonade stand one first!)
And, I love these pictures!! I am determined to figure out which parts of him are you and which are Adam. Because those pics look so much like you!!! (Is it the mouth? Ahhh!! It's driving me crazy?!) Someone help me figure it out!!
He's the cutest...and such a good baby. We're ready for our next overnight. :)
Cortni-He is such a cutie! I am so glad you guys got out and about together! I agree with Chelsea...who does he look like??
What a fun night you two had! I am jealous. I wish I had a sister to leave Jackson with!
I think Braden looks like you, especially in that second picture. To me, his eyes and nose look like yours; however, I have only seen the pictures that you put on your blog of your husband, so he could look different in person.
I don't think we'll ever figure that out, Chels:) Cortni married a man that could have been her twin so we will always be perplexed when it comes to the kids...I do think he has Cort's mouth and Adam's eyes...the problem is that Adam and Cornti have such similar eyes and nose that it's just too hard to tell:)
Whoever he looks like...he's one cute kid. His personality is so evident in the pictures...too cute! Love you guys.
I am proud of you for leaving him for the night. I am still scared! Sounds you like you had a fun and well deserved night off.
Post a Comment