Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break and Spring Work

How does a week "off" come and go so quickly? We had a great time, and enjoyed beautiful weather, and I officially have spring fever now!

SprInG WoRk:
At the beginning of the break we set a goal to have the game room and guest bathroom finished by the end of the week. We removed wallpaper, repainted, rearranged pictures, changed shower curtains, etc.

Game Room before/during:



Game Room after:





The thorn of the guest bath:
Guest Bath after:

SprInG BrEak:
There is something about spring break that is so necessary. It comes at the perfect time, when students and teachers don't think they can go one more day. The electricity in the air is nearly tangible, and our bodies crave the mental and physical break from the daily grind.

Because of Adam's track schedule, we weren't able to get away this year, but that really turned out to be a great thing! It was the refreshing and re-energizing break that we so badly needed!!! We played at the park, roasted hot dogs and 'smores in the fire pit, played with cousins, and made a day trip to the ranch. We slept late (thank you daylight savings!) and RESTED! Even though we spent LOTS of time working, we did find time to rest!

Here is our Ode to Spring Break:

S for Spiderman ice cream, you were such a yummy treat!

P for you Pink Panther, your sweetness can't be beat!


R is for the Ranch, we love our visits there.

I
for Independent dressing, and fixing our own hair :)

N for you, Nice weather. We are so thankful for you!

G
is for Goofy faces, we know a thing or two.

B is for Buds, our cousins are the best!

R
is for Relaxing. Just knowing how to rest :)

E for the Excitement, you brought smiles from ear to ear.


A is Another...we can't wait for you next year!

K is for "Komplete" because, Spring Break, you are almost done. Thank you for the rest, the memories, and fun!!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Love, love, love it. You are one fabulous poet :) And your pictures are SO good...I loved getting to see you and the kids (and Adam :) this week. I'm sad to see Spring Break go, but I'm really excited for summer!

Sally Zappe said...

Cort,
You are one terrific blogger! Love the pictures, can't wait to see ya'll soon.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Seriously, Cort. You're such the poet. And, you don't even know it.... :)

I LOVED this post, and I love seeing all your precious pictures of those kiddos. Spring Break always makes me wish we all had that much time every month. Just to be together, and relax... But, I guess it makes us cherish it more when we do have it.

We loved getting to see you and I LOVE the new rooms so much!!

Love you sister. I hope you have a good week back. Just a FEW more left!

Cailee D. said...

CUTE! Oh my...one what a cute blog idea...two what cute kids you have!! I love you and miss you guys! I wish I could have been there, but SIX more weeks and I will be seeing your lovely self! YAY!

minnerdee said...

Love the house changes and looks like you guys had a terrific spring break! Hope tomorrow isn't too big a shock for us all! Love you all!