Friday, June 18, 2010

On the Fence...

We started a project this week...and quite the project it has become!

Here's our "land" as it was...


From the driveway...


From the east side...


From the back-back yard...



Well, we got our supplies...



And some helpers...





And we got to work...



Little did we know that our house sits atop a fabulously hard slab of sand rock. SO sturdy is it, that the tractor and auger had a rough go at it. Adam had to help out (a little) with his manly heftiness...




After what took FAR too long...we had this...



Which currently looks like this...



Hopefully soon I will have some finished fence to show you. Until then, pray for breeze, clouds, and softer grounds!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Off to a good start...it's so cute seeing Adam and his dad working together :) Maybe cute isn't the best word to describe it...

mcjacobsjournal said...

I'm late, I know. We need updates now with the {almost} finished product!! I agree with Cass...even though it shouldn't be called "cute", it really is. :) And, even cuter is that stinkin' adorable Avery Laine. I really can't believe how big she is in that picture! WHAT has happened to her?!

Glad it was such a productive weekend. All those boys truly amaze me with what they can do---and how hot they can get without whining. NOT a strength of mine, as you may know. :)

Love you!!