I am finally rejoining the blogging world! We had Spring Break last week, so I found myself without a computer for most of the week. It was a wonderful, relaxing time!!! Here is a quick run-down of our Spring Break activities
Sunday: Chels and I drove to Temple to visit MawMaw in the hospital. Cass and Cailee were already there, so all four of us got to spend some time together trying to wake MawMaw up. She had been in an induced coma for several days, so it took her a while to fully come out of it. It was so neat to see her respond to her family, even though we only got some half-cracked eyes that day.
Monday: Adam enjoyed a round of golf with some coaching buddies and Braden and I spent some quality time in our PJ's!! That evening we went to my dad's house for dinner. Austin and Cass met us there. Braden donned his UT outfit, compliments of his Uncle Austin and Aunt Cassie. There is a picture on Cassie's blog.
Tuesday: Chelsea, her girls, Cassie, Braden, Adam, and I went to the Arboretum for some picture time. Of course, Braden is too young to sit up alone...and he flat out refused to smile for any pictures...but there were still some cute ones. There is a family picture of us on Cassie's blog as well. We enjoyed a picnic together and headed for home. Chelsea, Cassie and I went to the outlet stores in Allen and did some shopping. Let me just say how much I enjoyed FINALLY getting to buy something in my own size at Ann Taylor. Oh...how I love Ann!! I had withdrawals while I was pregnant!! After a long day, we went back to Chelsea's and had fajitas from Papasitos...YUMMY!!
Wednesday: We met dad for lunch at Chuck's Hamburgers in Grapevine. Another YUMMY!! After lunch, the rest of the gang (sisters and families) went to go bowling. Adam and I headed back home to pack up the truck and head down to Temple again.
Thursday: We went to see MawMaw...and it is amazing her progress in those few days. She was awake, alert, and talking. I cannot put into words how thankful I am that she is still with us. She gave us quite a scare! My sisters and I have really realized what a blessing grandparents truly are!!
Later that afternoon we headed out to Lake Belton for some camping with Adam's side of the family. They go every Spring Break...and we always have BEAUTIFUL weather. Well...this time was a little different. When we arrived on Thursday it was perfect...sunny and warm.
That night a cold front blew in and the next day was a little chilly. Nothing too bad though. Well...goodness gracious...by Saturday it was raining AND cold. Not great camping weather. Thank goodness for Adam's sister Sally and her boyfriend Chad bringing a camper along. That is where Adam, Braden and I stayed at night (except the first night...we did "tent" it. There is definitely something to be said for "tenting" it...but not so much with a 3 month old.) Sunday we packed up all of our wet and muddy camping supplies and came back to our warm, dry house. (Except for the lake that had formed in our backyard. Our dogs were nearly swimming across the yard to greet us when we got home!!)
And then it was back to work. We had a great Spring Break. Nothing in this world is better than enjoying time with family! I am so blessed to have an amazing family of my own...and I married into a wonderful one as well!
Here are a couple of camping pics.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I am so glad to hear that your grandma is doing okay. That is wonderful news! I checked out Cassie's blog, and your little family is so precious. Glad that you guys had a fun Spring Break.
Those pictures are SO sweet. When can I squeeze that boy?! I'm glad you had such a fun spring break and that your MawMaw is doing better!
I miss you, hope to see you real soon!
I am so glad to hear she is doing better. What a blessing!
I love family time too. You have such a great family and I know Braden feels the same way about his mom and dad already. Cousins are the best and so are sisters.
I echo everybody else when I say that I am so happy that your MawMaw is doing better!
It sounds like you had a great Spring Break! I am very proud of you for fitting back into your normal size clothes at Ann Taylor! I really need to start jogging to lose some more baby weight. I am ashamed that I haven't lost it all yet, and it has been 7 months! Braden is a cutie!
Cortni, I'm glad you had such a fun Spring Break! I think it's so neat that you and your sisters are so close and get to spend time together so often:)
I'll second Kate on the good for you for being back in your clothes! That's such a wonderful feeling after feeling about the size of an elephant for 6 or 7 months. I'm still hanging onto a bit of baby weight and am ready to let it go!
Okay...I do suppose I should clarify that I am not exactly back to my old self. I still have about 10 pounds (at last count) that have found my body a cozy place to live. Some days are better than others!
I just love to hear from all of my friends! I wish I could see you all!
Love...Cortni
Post a Comment