Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Author of Life

I am not sure how to even begin this blog. Words are so inadequate. Last night my sister called to let me know that my grandmother is in ICU and fighting for her life. She went in for a "routine" stint placement, but following surgery had complications and is now not doing well at all. She is on a ventilator in ICU. My sisters and I have been EXTREMELY blessed to have all of our grandparents still living. We have been given the opportunity to have relationships with them, and not just know of them through stories. We truly are blessed to have such a gift.

Yesterday, probably around the same time my grandmother was going into surgery, Mark and Chelsea welcomed a new niece. Sophie Lynn Hoke joined the Jacobs family yesterday evening!!

Chelsea and I talked last night about how humbling it is to realize that HE really does control all things. Of course we know this is true, but to really KNOW it is quite humbling! It made me think of the song, "You give and take away, You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name!"

Today it is my prayer that He give my grandmother the gift of life. I pray that His hand will heal MawMaw completely. I do know however, that if his plan is different than mine, His name is still deserving of my praise.

4 comments:

leslie said...

I'm so sorry Cort. I will be praying for your MawMaw really hard today. Grandparents are so special. Love you!

Carolyn said...

That is so sad. I am praying for her, Cortni. Your post, even with the sadness, is so beautiful and true though. How wonderful that we have can still rejoice in the name of the Lord through our sufferings, knowing that what is most precious in this life can never be taken away.

Unknown said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I will be praying for her and for your family. I will join you in praying specifically for God to give her the gift of life. Please keep us updated!

Cortni said...

Thank you girls so much for your prayers! Adam and I drove to Temple last night to see her and to be with my PawPaw and family. She has made some steps in a good direction, but is still far from "out of the woods." They took her off the machine that was helping her heart pump, but she, as of now, is still on the vent. They are planning to try to take her off of that today...so we will see! She is a fighter!!

Love you girls!!