HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SISTER!! I promise to not reveal your age...but I wanted to send you a blog birthday wish. I had my 3rd graders write "How To Be My Mom" for their moms for Mother's Day...so I thought I would write one for you on your **th birthday! :)
How To Be Chelsea Danielle Jacobs...
* Make a list (or two or three) :)
* Straighten your house every night before going to bed.
* Teach pre-school.
* Direct VBS.
How To Be Chelsea Danielle Jacobs...
* Make a list (or two or three) :)
* Straighten your house every night before going to bed.
* Teach pre-school.
* Direct VBS.
* Make beautiful diaper bags in your "spare" time.
* Never miss a birthday card.
* Send thank you cards for everything.
* Teach your girls the value of a thank you note.
* Sing alto, tenor, or bass.
* Listen to your sisters as they talk, talk, talk.
* Tune out screaming children while you listen to your sisters talk, talk, talk.
* Give the best advice around.
* Be a labor coach for your sister who opted out of childbirth classes!!
* Never miss a birthday card.
* Send thank you cards for everything.
* Teach your girls the value of a thank you note.
* Sing alto, tenor, or bass.
* Listen to your sisters as they talk, talk, talk.
* Tune out screaming children while you listen to your sisters talk, talk, talk.
* Give the best advice around.
* Be a labor coach for your sister who opted out of childbirth classes!!
* Love Braden as if he was your own.
* Teach your sister the ins and outs of motherhood.
* Put others' needs before your own.
* Drive to Alabama with your sister so she won't be alone.
* Welcome guests into your home, whether few or many :)
* Decorate like a pro.
* Be a loyal friend.
* Love your husband completely and unconditionally.
* Teach your girls the Lord's grace.
* Pray with your family every day.
Chels...these are just a FEW of the things I love about you. I know this list could go on and on. Thank you for the friend you are. I could never thank God enough for the sisters he gave me to be my best friends. I hope you had a terrific **th birthday!!
Please feel free to add your own points on "How To Be Chelsea Danielle Jacobs" in the comments.





4 comments:
Awww, CORT! That is SO sweet and was the perfect post to make me cry and laugh at the exact same time. Thank you for taking the time to make a LIST for me and dedicating a whole blog to my birthday! (Especially when you are busy enough already, I'm sure!).
I totally agree that God has blessed us four sisters with best friends in each other. Something I already hope and pray for my girls.
You're the best, Cort. Thank you for making me feel special on my **th birthday! Ha ha....
I love you!
I should post here since the birthday girl wouldn't answer her phone yesterday:) Maybe this will get to her...How to be Chels--Chew Cinammon gum your entire childhood, get easily annoyed (runs in the family), counsel EVERYONE (she should get paid), take on responsibilites that aren't hers just to make sure the little things get done...Love you sister!
I know! I didn't get to talk to anyone! That's because Mark had me too busy!! (Breakfast in bed, a picnic lunch with the girls, and then I left immediately for the SPA for 5 hours!!!! And, then straight to dinner and a date! I know, it was a rough day. :) So, I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to anyone. I knew you called though and appreciated you thinking of me. :)
Always be GENUINELY gracious, firendly, warm, and caring.
Happy Bithday, Chelsea. I dion't mind admitting your age on line....Happy 19th Birthday!
Post a Comment