*3 Weeks...That is how much longer I have until my summer begins. In fact, June 9th is the last day for MISD. Can you believe that craziness? Last summer sure was nice and long, but now we must pay the price. I must say this is officially torture...cruel and unusual punishment. The kids are ready for summer, the teachers are ready for summer...this is trouble waiting to happen. Every morning I have to psyche myself up before the kiddos walk in...because I am so ready to sleep a little later, play with Braden all day, and take naps as I please! 3 Weeks!
*My first Mother's Day weekend was so much fun. On Saturday my niece had her 2nd ballet/tap recital. She is about the cutest 4 year old doing her moves! The WHOLE family was there...which is always fun! Before the recital we got to spend some time shopping and eating with my mom. We probably did these in the wrong order, because filling up on Mexican food doesn't usually put one in the mood to try on clothes...but we had fun nonetheless!! After the recital we went to Nizza Pizza with Dad, Kay, Kylie, Cassie, and Austin. It was quite yummy...very much like Joe's Pizza-n-Pasta in good ol' Abilene. On Sunday we went to Dad's for a DELICIOUS lunch. He grilled Salmon, Steak, Chicken and Asparagus on Papa Roy's famous cooker (that is my grandfather...and he has made some amazing foods on that cooker!) We had rolls, salad, and garlic mashed potatoes too. And for dessert...Kay's spectacular pecan pie and chocolate sheet cake. WOW! It makes me hungry just remembering it! It was the perfect way to spend my first Mother's Day...with family and food!!
*When I went to get Braden out of bed on Sunday morning, there was a present...nicely wrapped...with a card addressed to "Mom." Adam did an amazing job making a card for me with pictures of me and Braden and Adam and Braden...and a note from each of my men. I loved it!! In the box was a new MP3 player from Braden...a Nano. I was pretty excited about that! Now I should start walking/running to get good use out of it...right!?!
*This weekend we are going to Gruene, TX to camp with Adam's family again. It is "The Jam" weekend in Gruene, where several Texas Country artists perform in a day long concert. We never go to the concert, but we go camping and about 15 of us always float the river on Saturday. The water is quite frigid, but you get numb after the first 30 minutes or so. We make a good time of it! The concert is actually on Sunday, and several of Adam's siblings and cousins go...but we have never gone. It is always such a fun weekend to hang out and relax with everyone. I'm really looking forward to it!
That's about all I have to say for tonight. Sorry no pictures...I know blogs are always more fun with pictures! Everyone say a prayer for me that I can hang on for 3 MORE WEEKS!!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You can do it!! I was thinking this morning that we should try to get together this summer and go to Gulf Shores (the beach in AL)...it could be Braden's first beach trip and maybe Mark and Chels and Cailee could come too. I think I will need it at some point this summer:)
Love you...Happy Friday
Happy belated mothers day! I should have called, I am sorry. I'm glad you had such a great first mothers day.
I only have four more days left. Yippee!!! I'll be thinking about you next Friday morning while I'm sleeping in for the first time during the week. Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!
Post a Comment