A little history on Braden's sleeping...he has been an amazing sleeper from the beginning...too good to be true! We lay him down with his pacifier and stuffed blue elephant, he turns to his side, and goes to sleep. Seriously...we lay him down and walk out of the room.
Well...back to dinner time. We laid Braden down, and he cried. This isn't normal for him, but we weren't at home so I didn't think much of it. We let him cry (evil, I know) thinking he would eventually fall asleep. We couldn't hear him anymore...so we assumed he had drifted off to dream land. After we had all finised our Taco Cabana (YUMMY!) Adam went to check on the little man. He was STILL crying. This is not like him AT ALL! We couldn't hear him because he had his face burrowed into the stuffed elephant...screaming at us! We were about to head home, so we just got him up. After about 10 minutes he forgave us.
Chelsea mentioned then that Kendyll went through this around this time. She said that right as Kendyll started to crawl, she also started crying more at bedtime and not going straight to sleep. Well...she totally jinxed us! There have been several naps and bedtimes since then that Braden has cried himself to sleep. There is no question if he is tired or not...but he simply won't give in like he used to.
So Chels...thanks alot! Here's hoping to a change REAL soon! (Just kidding Chels...I in no way hold you responsible!)
Here are some pictures from our playtime that day...

Here's Braden all geared up for some swim time. He LOVES the water!

Kendyll was teaching Braden how to use this toy. He was hanging on her every word!
Here is Kendyll READING to Braden! She did a terrific job on her Dick and Jane books (remember those!?!) I am so impressed, Kendyll Grace! She even sounded out "something" and another word (I can't remember what the other word was)...but she is a great reader! Her Kindergarten teacher will be thrilled.




3 comments:
Isn't it interesting how their bedtime needs change as they get older? At one point, Jackson was like Braden, and we could just lay him down; however, the minute he was able to pull up (he pulled up before he started crawling), we started having to rock him to sleep again. I hope for some more easy bedtime nights for you!
Also, I LOVE Braden pictures! He looks so cute in sleevless with all those sweet little rolls.
I am sorry he is having a hard time, but I appreciate having all the heads up from you more experienced moms on what I might have to expect in the future!
I mean, could he be any cuter? I am so glad you have DSL now so you can post lots of fun pictures! I love what you have to say...but I might love seeing Braden more:) J
Post a Comment