Friday, July 28, 2006

And He Eats...

Braden will eat anything...but some things he likes more than others. Here are some pictures of his likes and dislikes...

A favorite of his was this lemonade popcicle (as promised at the end of the zoo post) Everytime he would bit into it, he would make this awful "brain freeze" face, which we unfortunately didn't capture in a picture. However, that wouldn't stop him! He would open his mouth like a baby bird for more!
Another favorite...pizza crust from Sam's Pizza & Pasta. Chelsea had tried (also mentioned in the zoo post) giving him pizza crust before. He took a huge chunk in his mouth, and thus, lost the zoo pizza crust. However, this crust was VERY crunchy...so it wouldn't break apart. He LOVED it!
This is Braden's usual disposition when sitting down to eat. The boy will not turn any food away...and is generally very pleased to be eating. We have found that he doesn't care much for green vegetables (green beans and sweet peas specifically). This is what happened with sweet peas...
After every bite he would squinch his face all up, and then gag, which is what you see here. He was a trooper though, and finished his peas...even though they made him gag :( We have found that mixing something sweet (like a fruit) with the green vegetables makes them more appetizing. His favorite...Tutti Fruti Green Beans...YUMMY!!
We also gave him his first lemon the other night at dinner. Our friends from church were with us, and had their camera...but we haven't gotten the picture from them yet. As soon as we get it, I'll post it. PRICELESS!!

6 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Where was blogging when Kendyll was that age? I would have had the BEST gagging pictures of baby food. Maybe even a couple of throw-up in mid-air. :) I love all of those. That is one thing that Braden does AWESOMELY well at--eating his grub. I can't wait to watch him eat "real" food as he gets older. HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

leslie said...

I LOVE the gagging picture!!

Ashley said...

Those are PRECIOUS. Cort, he is a doll. I hope he and Carley are good friends. They both like to eat and aren't afraid of rolls on their thighs!

Cassie said...

Too cute. I cannot believe that Braden actually DOESN'T like something he can eat...I love the picture though.

Can't wait to see him and squeeze him.

K cubed said...

Those are fun pictures. Klayton does the same thing with peas and I think so does Anneliese so maybe they are trying to tell us something. I also loved the pizza crust and I'm sure Braden was loving it too.

hejlyeah said...

I'm seriously rolling here at the office at that gagging picture. That's so funny! He's so cute. Also, cooper has that onesie. I love Baby Gap.