
The crowd has gathered to watch the pig...
We waited patiently...but he took his time.
Braden took his first train ride with his cousins!! Just behind the cart Braden is in, you can see Adam's brother in law, Tom, uncles, Andy and Stan, and cousin Jeff.
And they are off...
Aunt Sally helped Braden stay cool in her shades!
This is how Braden ended the day. As you can imagine, he was pooped!!

We had so much fun, as usual. This is such a neat, small town event that I am so thankful to be able to take part in. Adam and his siblings and cousins tell stories of coming to the picnic when they were little, and getting money from Grandpa Henke for tickets for the kid area. I am so excited that my kids will have picnic memories too!




5 comments:
Seriously, I'm so jealous every time I hear that it's picnic time in Hallettsville. :) I LOVE this event and can't think of something more perfectly designed for you to be a part of!! After all the stories I've heard about it, I finally get to picture it in my head! Thanks for the great pics and the story behind it all.
(And, Braden is the cutest thing ever both in a cowboy hat AND playing dominoes. He's gonna fit right in with those Henke boys. :)
Last thing before I go, I got your voice mail tonight but it wasn't until about 10:00. With Adam's schedule, I figured y'all might be out cold already. So, I'll call you tomorrow! Love you...
What a funtastic event! I wish I could just be there to watch everyone having so much fun. Cortni, I am so glad you are a part of such a neat family and that Adam is a part of ours! I so enjoyed your birthday post in his honor! You truly do have a very special man - and a pretty special "little man", too. Thanks for the pictures. Love you!
That looks like so much fun! The "Pig Plop" cracked me up, but I know I would have participated. The food sounds amazing! I can't think of a better way to spend Labor Day weekend.
Braden is, as always, adorable! I love the picture where he is reaching for his grandpa's cowboy hat. He looks so determined.
Ok Cortni, what is the deal? Are you on a Tara and Norman strike. I was so looking forward to seeing you tonight at lifegroup. Did you forget it was Wednesday again? I wanted to report to you that I hit my 5 lb mark today!!!
Great blog!! I wish I could bet on pig poo. Hope to see yall this weekend. Call me later.
Tara
Braden is so cute! I would love to hear more about WW. Did you join or just doing it by yourself? I am really thinking about joining. I would love to hear about it!
Post a Comment