33 years ago today Adam Henry Henke was born. That's right folks...33!!! What an old man he is!!
When I married Adam, I loved him completely and I couldn't imagine loving him any more than I did that day. It is amazing to me how my love for him has grown and deepened in the time we have been married. He is a blessing to me and to all who know him. Here are some things I love about this man...
* His gentle nature. If you know Adam, you know he is a big man. He is 6'4", 220 pounds...but he is a gentle giant! His heart is so big...and I love him for that!!
* He is patient!! I love watching him teach and coach. While he was coaching, my favorite thing was to watch him coach in practices...not games...because he would walk the players through the motions and model for them how to do each move (technical terms!). He is such a natural teacher.
* He understands the value of family. Adam is the 3rd of 6 kids...with many cousins and aunts and uncles. He values the relationships he has with his family so much and they are some of his very best friends. Because of that, he also values the relationships I have with my family. He understands my need for sister time...and encourages it (as long as it doesn't include spending too much money!!)
* He is dedicated completely to our family. I posted on this not too long ago, but it is worth mentioning again! He will do ANYTHING to provide for us. I respect him so much for that.
* He is a man of integrity. He is a man of his word. He is loyal. I guess that is 3, but they all go together! His friends can count on Adam for anything.
* He is thoughtful. He thinks of details and the little things that mean so much!
* He is clean. I mean...really clean! He loves order and organization. He cleans our bathrooms and mops the floors...because he does it best! Of course I love him for that!!
* He is an amazing father. I could watch him all day long as he plays with Braden in the floor. He can make Braden laugh like no one else can. I love that!! (Even though I don't even get the same laugh out of Braden!) He would have 10 kids if I would agree...but I haven't!! He loves being a daddy and I love him for that!!
I could go on and on. He never ceases to amaze me and I am SO thankful that he is mine!
AND...I hope you are still reading...because this part cannot go unsaid! I told Adam that I needed to post about his mother today...because she is the real one who deserves an applause! At birth Adam weighed 11 pounds 5 ounces!!! Can you imagine!?! She is a pretty petite woman...but she is a trooper! She even had 3 more after him!
In all seriousness...she is an amazing woman and Adam would not be the man he is now without her (and Paul too!) Thanks Mom and Dad Henke for raising such a great son!!
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Corni, Adam sounds wonderful! What a gift it is to be able to have such sincere adoration and respect for your husband. Reading your post makes me want to go give Jimmy a great big hug and kiss and remind him how much I love him:) I hope that I'll get to meet Adam someday and am very happy that being his wife makes you so happy!
I have never met your husband, but he sounds great! I hope he had a great birthday. He sure is lucky to have a girl like you!
Happy Late B-day Adam! I thought about you on your big day, but I spent half the day puking and half the day flying to NYC! :) What a combo, huh?
I hope it was a great one for you both. Cortni, you summed him up so well. We all love Adam for all the reasons you listed. It is still so amazing to me to see how the Lord brought you two together. Love you both!
Cortni,
Thanks for soo many nice things you said, but how does it go....walking besides a good man is always a wonderful women, that's you Cortni, I don't think I would get up at 2:00am to make breakfast and a lunch for my hubsand, but you do, you are an awesome wife, mother,& daughter.-in-law, for that we thank the Lord everyday! God bless you for making Adam happy again! Mom Henke
Post a Comment