Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hook Em' Horns

Texas/OU weekend has become quite the holiday around my house. My Daddy's family are all big longhorn fans. Mommy and her family never really paid much attention...until she met Daddy! For Christmas one year, Aunt Angela and Uncle Tom gave Mommy her first longhorn t-shirt, so she wouldn't stand out on Texas game days! SO, this jersey you see me wearing is actually my 3rd piece of Longhorn gear. I've already outgrown the others!!

We even had some family come visit us for this holiday! Uncle Josh, Uncle Jed, Erin, Aunt Sally, and Daddy's cousins Chris and Brian all came to stay with us for a big party! We had so much fun. Uncle Josh, Chris, and Brian all got to go see the Longhorns beat up on those silly Sooners in person!! The rest of us watched at home and cheered those Longhorns on to victory!! I think the quarterback for UT is super neat, because all of his family went to ACU, like Mommy!

Unfortuantely, while we were having our celebration, someone spread a stomach virus around. Looks like 3 or 4 of the people who came for the party got sick on Monday with some yucky stuff...including Mommy. She is feeling MUCH better now!!

Here are some pictures Mommy took of me this weekend.


I can't do my "hook em' horns" sign, but I do know they are #1!!
I learned how to put the washers in the washer board holes. When I am big like Daddy, I will throw them and make them land in the holes for points...but for now they let me cheat!
That makes me happy!!
I also learned a new trick...smiling on command. I am very selective about when I will do my new trick, but I sure did show it off that night! Look...

REAL
FAKE
REAL
FAKE

Really...I am getting very good at it! I just squint my eyes, and give a wide grin. It doesn't look just like my real smile, but I don't think anyone will notice!! Everytime I see Mommy with that thing she calls a camera, I show her what my fake smile looks like. She laughs so hard she can hardly take my picture. I think that is funny!
Alright, that is all I have for tonight. It is past my bedtime, so goodnight!

9 comments:

Cassie said...

SO cute. That last smile looks eerily familar to many I saw growing up:)

Braden...you are too cute and look too handsome in your Longhorn jersey...I bet Daddy can't wait to take you to a real game someday!

Serena said...

He certainly has the camera thing figured out. The pictures are all so cute. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow night.

leslie said...

Hilarious. I love the fake smile pictures, and he looks so cute in his football jersey!!

Ashley said...

He is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

I just love it. I want to squeeze him! He and Carley will be such great friends.

We aren't going to Homecoming this year. We went last year. I think Carley in a hotel would be challenging. Have fun at your FIVE year!

Anonymous said...

I just want to squeeze him! He is so cute!

hejlyeah said...

GO TEXAS! He's the cutest!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, how am I so behind on these blogs of yours??? I just read this for the first time tonight and I can't believe I've missed out on two days of staring at more cute nephew pictures!!!

I LOVE his new smile....he better do it for me ALOT this weekend! :) And, I love that he is already a part of the Henke traditions---first poker, now UT and washers. Awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys!! We were cheering for OU, so hopefully by the time Braden figures out the horns, Jaxson will be turning them upside down! I love the smiles though...keep em coming Braden.

Unknown said...

Hey! I was so sad that I didn't get to see you and talk to you more at Homecoming! I was happy to see that sweet boy of yours in person for just a minute though. I kept looking for you at the dinner thing, but there was no Cortni to be found. Oh well. Next time I come to the Metroplex we should try to get together, okay? Love ya!