Thursday, October 26, 2006

Football and the State Fair

Holy cow...I have been the worst blogger lately! I just haven't taken the time to sit down at the computer...so here goes an update!

FOOTBALL:
For our Friday Night Lights game, we decided to go see our first Midlothian game for the season. They were playing at Red Oak, which is just down the street from us. The quarterback for Red Oak goes to church with us, and is the little brother of Jake, who is in our lifegroup. SO..we sat on the Red Oak side with friends. We did make it over to the Midlothian side at half time to say hi to some friends (and foes as well!!!) We had a great time...even though Midlothian won. It is only their 2nd win for the season...so that made it okay!
Here we are: Braden, me, Jaxson, Tara, Monica, Jake, Hunter (on Jake's lap) and Norman. Adam is the photographer!
STATE FAIR:
On Saturday we decided we would head out for the last weekend of the fair. I was SO excited to get me some fair food...and Adam was excited to play some Midway games. We were never allowed to play these silly games growing up because they are just a waste of money...but now Adam loves them...but they are still a waste of money.
Check this one out...
Adam wanted to play the "shoot 'em up" game to win a mountain bike. You shoot the bb gun at a card (which you can see in the background) that has a red star on it. The objective is to shoot out the star...completely! NO RED LEFT!! It was $3 to play.
His first attempt was good...but not really all that close. His second attempt...well...take a look.

Do you see any red? There is one tiny dot by his index finger. The guy working the booth said to me, "You have to see this!" So...he didn't win the bike...but came pretty darn close!!

We also attempted to go to the pig races. Braden immediately started crying...which is odd considering he loves animals...but not pig races! We left before we say a pig run, and went for some food. That was a good trade for Braden (and me too!)

We stopped by the fountains for some pics. Braden LOVED it and was also willing to show off his "camera smile!" He has a facination for water, as I mentioned before, so he thought the fountains were pretty cool. It was funny...because while we were taking this picture, a little girl actually fell into the fountain. I guess funny isn't really the best word for it (if you were to ask her.)

We ended the night watching the parade and eating a funnel cake. I must say...it was one of the best funnel cakes I have ever had. It was hot and soft...with lots of powdered sugar...mmmmm!!

Braden was in awe of the parade!

Tomorrow night we are headed to the Midlothian vs. Waxahachie football game. Hopefully my next update will be sooner than 3 weeks! We'll see!!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you and Braden is great! You are looking super skinny. I would never peg you for a funnel cake eater! : )

Cassie said...

Braden is looking SO big...I can't believe he's almost a year old...

I'm glad you found the funnel cake place...we looked all over the stupid fair last year...to no avail...

Can't wait to see you (and him:)

Love you.

K cubed said...

Oh my gosh! You can really tell how tall he is with him standing on your lap. Such a little man. Looking forward to seeing him soon. You know Christmas is right around the corner :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

First, I JUST sent you an email about the Midlothian/Waxahachie game. We're hoping and praying for the RIGHT outcome on that one. Ha ha. :)

Also, there has never been a cuter picture than that one of you and Braden on the fountain!!!! I want a copy to frame at my house!! I love all his big boy clothes too...man, he's a year. CRAZY.

Last thing...Adam should be the new owner of a mountain bike. That is RIDICULOUSLY close to no red. I would have given it to him if I was the worker at the BB booth. :)

We're looking forward to this weekend. Love y'all!

Andy and Rebecca said...

You look great, Cortni! I think it shows such strong character on the part of you and Adam that y'all can attend high school football games; especially a Midlothian game. You two personify the old phrase: "Living well is the best revenge." (I think that's how it goes.) Squeeze Braden for us. BTW, Mr. Bojangles is great.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT BABY. He could not be any cuter. And you look awesome too. You make me want to go watch more high school football everytime I read your blog.

Ashley said...

What great pictures. Braden is so grown up! I can't believe he will be a year this month! Where is the time going?

Anonymous said...

Y'all have been busy! I love the fountain picture! Braden is so precious. I will email you some pictures I took at dinner. He is such a good baby!

hejlyeah said...

He is so cute Cortni! I think he looks just like you. And, I love the onesie - Cooper has that one too! Where's the halloween pic???

Anonymous said...

Great pics!!! Some of my students were looking over my shoulder when I was viewing and they said is that you (the pic of you and Braden). I said, no and they said, oh..your sister. I said yes. I didn't feel like explaining how you are actually my sister-in-law but we still favor one another.s

Hugs to the boys!