Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Break...Week 1

I love being a teacher! Come TAKS time, I may not create a post about why I love teaching, and come May 30th, I may not create a post about why I love teaching...but on December 21st, I am reminded about one perk of teaching...Christmas Break! Braden and I have so enjoyed getting this week together, and we have another still to come! Mostly we have lounged around the house...playing, reading, napping. We have made some last minute shopping trips, went to eat lunch with Adam one day, spent the morning with Chelsea and Carlie one day...but mostly we have just relaxed!

He is becoming quite the explorer...constantly asking "Whassat?" or "Whassis?"At his 1 year checkup, the Dr. walked in with her little bunny basket of doctor supplies. He pointed and said, "whassat?" She laughed. He likes to climb, open cabinets, pull open drawers, and turn off lights as he says "oss". It is so fun to get two whole weeks to be a part of his constant exploration. I love this age!

Here are some pictures from this week...

Braden reading his farm book. (Thanks Harper family!!)


I thought him reading was so cute...but what happened next was even better! I had put the camera down and got busy doing something else...and looked up. He was reading to the dogs. How cute is that!?!

We were getting Braden ready for bed (hence the diaper look) and he discovered "Deal or No Deal." He sat like this for the longest time watching intently. I hope he wasn't just looking at those girls in their tiny dresses!

One night we went out to eat. Adam had had a long day, and he carried Braden in. I assumed he was changing him and putting him to bed, so I stopped in the office to check e-mail. I got to our bedroom and found this...

Yesterday Braden took his first official wagon ride. My mom and step-dad got him this wagon for his birthday. He has taken many trips around the house, but we hadn't hit the road with it yet. He LOVED it! I lost count of how many times I heard, "whassat?" and most of the time he was pointing at the fluffy white clouds in the sky. He waved at everyone who drove down the street, including multiple waves to the mailman! In fact, I saw the mailman waving at us, so I waved back. Braden was behind me in the wagon (of course). Then I realized that he was waving back at Braden...not at me! I thought he was smiling a little too big to be waving at me...

In case I don't post again before the big weekend...Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe traveling! A special Merry Christmas to the Littons and the Mayos with your precious Christmas babies! Congratulations!!

7 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Such a cutie you have there. He takes such great pictures! Very photogenic!

Cassie said...

I think Braden was wondering why those grown women on deal or no deal were wearing what he was wearing:)

He's too cute. And you can tell even by pictures what a sweet spirit he has. How cool a wagon ride must be to a one year old:)

Anonymous said...

Braden is so cute! I hope you guys have a great Christmas and that Braden doesn't get too spoiled! Love ya!

Rakel said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Cortni! Braden is a handsome chap and I'm so glad you are getting to spend such quality time with him!

Have a wonderful Christmas and we hope to see you this week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cortni! Braden is SO CUTE- what an adorable baby boy he is. I hope you guys had a fantastic Christmas!

Anonymous said...

He is SOOOO cute! Keep the pictures coming! I hope that you had a great Christmas. Thanks for all the advice-I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cortni!! Call me. I miss you guys.
Tara