1. WIMPY! Well, that was Braden on my birthday. We spent a good portion of the day at the doctor's office. He had had a cold for a couple of weeks, and it had taken a turn for the worse. I went into work, and got sub plans together that morning. I went back to the babysitter's house to get Braden, and we went back home to rest before the doctor's appointment. The doctor confirmed...the boy was feeling wimpy! He had a double ear infection and an early sinus infection. Poor baby! He had been such a trooper! In fact, while I was sitting in the waiting room, I thought, "Why am I here? They are going to laugh at me." They didn't laugh...but were amazed that his first ear infection was at 13 months.
2. WONDERFUL! That was because I got to take all day Thursday and Friday off to spend with my sick boy. He was nice and cuddly...so it was pretty wonderful. He got to feeling better by Friday afternoon. Because we have Monday off as well, I ended up with a 5 day weekend!!
3. WHIMSICAL! Adam had a little trick up his sleeve for Saturday night. He had lined up for Chelsea and family to keep our sweet boy while we went out on the town. He had gotten in touch with a friend...who has connections...and she got us a room at the W Victory for less than half of what it normally costs. Acutally, close to a THIRD of what it normally costs. We went to Northpark Mall and spent the day shopping, eating, and shopping some more. We then went to check in at the swanky W. I forgot my camera, so I had to use those from the hotel website, but oh my goodness...it looks JUST LIKE THIS...
An aerial view...

The main entrance...how swanky is that!?!
The infinity pool. Unfortunately we only got to peer through the glass door, as it was closed due to the icy weather!
This is the exact layout of our room, except our throw at the end of the bed was lime green and hot pink. Our chaise lounge was also turned the other way...but that is the only difference!
The bathroom. This isn't the best shot, but again, it was the one on the website. The shower has a "rainforest" head. It is one of those huge round heads that points straight down. Very relaxing!
After this weekend we decided that we will start taking a weekend a year to celebrate both of our birthdays. Mine is in January and his is in August, so our plan is to go around April each year for a birthday weekend. Our anniversary is in March...so it may be an all inclusive weekend! Hey Chels...next April...want to keep Braden again!?!




13 comments:
sounds fun! If Dallas looked anything like Austin it was also Wet...except we don't get the ice until tomorrow...so it's just raining non stop:)
I'm glad Braden is feeling better! And I love the idea of one weekend for birthdays...since Austin's is May and mine is Sept. we can take a fun Summer weekend...maybe we'll copy you:)
Love you.
Mark us down for next April!!! That's a great idea to combine the b-days for a bigger and better weekend away.
We had SO much fun with Braden---he is just the most precious little boy who is solid sweetness inside and out!!
I'm so glad you got to hang out with him on your birthday, even though it was because he was sick. :( I'm sure his cuddle time with Mommy made it all better!
Love you!
I was so excited to find your blog! I just started our blog and am trying to find as many people as I know to read. We miss keeping in touch with you guys so I was so excited to find your page. Braden is adorable! We have a 3 month old little girl, Camille. Happy late Birthday!
Felicia! I am so glad you started a blog! I saw your picture on Alison's blog, and have been thinking about you lots!
Hopefully you will see this...
What is your blog site? I tried to click on your name, but you have your blog hidden. Will you share with me??
JEALOUS!!!! I am glad yall got to get away and have such a good time! It looks so nice!!!
Happy Birthday! How fun! Sorry sweet Braden was sick. That is always so sad, but the cuddling is so sweet.
I am so jealous of your little get-a-way! That hotel really does look swanky. I hope Braden is feeling better, and Happy Late Birthday!!!
Cort, I am the absolute worst sister-in-law in the world. I hope Adam filled you in. Happy Belated Bday and I love you! Did Adam really plan that by himself? Very nice. Give Braden a kiss from me. Can't wait to see you on the 3rd. I'll bring my camera if you bring yours!
Happy Late Birthday Cortni. Sorry about the sick boy. As mommies those are very stressful days. Hope he is back to his normal self in no time and congrats on the weekend away. Y'all deserve it
W? what is a get-away like? i, too, am jealous, but am so happy for the two of you to spend that kind of time together. we were excited to see braden feeling more like himself at church today!
'till next week
rakel
Happy birthday girl! That hotel looks amazing!
Happy Birthday! Your getaway sounds amazing!! I am glad you had some alone time! :)
That new pict of you and Braden is precious!
I miss you!
Post a Comment