Braden has been a little under the weather for the past week or so. He had a little touch of the stomach virus, a little touch of croup, and some poopy issues like none other. His poor little bottom is so red :( He has been a trooper, though. Adam and I have been...well...doing what we always do. Work...home...eat...sleep...work...home...eat...sleep. You know the drill!!
So...here is a picture update for you!
We'll begin with a cute bubble bath picture. It has no significance, but it sure is cute!

GranSunday: We had our monthly GranSunday celebration at Dad and Kay's the weekend before last. We had some delicious food, as always, and spent some good time together. Braden got to ride the Gator with Kendyll, and he loved it. Dad made a make-shift seat belt so he wouldn't fall out, and they were off. I got some video, but we have mastered uploading video onto the computer yet. Maybe someday you can see the video :)
Aunt Cassie and Braden playing "Peek-a-boo"

Kendyll and Braden being tree huggers
Extravaganza Weekend: Every year Adam's parents buy their married kids tickets to the annual Sacred Heart Extravaganza. It is a dinner/dance/silent auction that benefits the teachers of the school there at the church. It is the school that Adam and all of his siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all attended K-12. I didn't take my camera to the actual Extravaganza, but I will get some pictures from Adam's sister in law who did have her camera. I'll post those soon. SO...every year we pick something to bid on at the silent auction. In the past we have gotten things for ourselves, but this year we got something for our little man. We got him a little lawn mower. It is so cute, and makes lawn mower sounds. He thinks it is pretty funny.
Here is Braden with his new lawn mower.
The next morning we spent some time tending to the animals on Adam's parents' land. It is always so much fun for me to get to be around these farm animals (I am a country girl at heart). I am sure Braden will love it as much as I do someday!!Adam and Braden headed to the chicken house.
Braden wasn't too sure about all the chickens.
Braden and Grandpa feeding the horses.
He much preferred the horse from behind the fence. He wasn't sure about this either.
We moved the cows from one pasture to another. Braden liked this part. 

I love this picture! Grandpa and Braden are watching the cows on the move.
And one of my favorites...smilin' for the camera!
We had so much fun, as always. Thanks Mom and Dad Henke for the treat of the extravaganza and thanks to Uncle Jed, Erin, and Uncle Josh for babysitting all of the kids while we partied! :)




9 comments:
Braden is so cute! I'm glad he's feeling better now. Camille is getting a little sick and it's so sad because they just can't let you what hurts. So are ya'll making it to Sing Song? My sister is a senior this year so we'll be there cheering on the Siggies. It was good to read a new blog from you again.
Great post! I also love the one of Dad and Braden. Can't wait for the pics from the extravaganza. Kevin and I loved spending "time" with you at Saturday night.
Sally
I love the cow pictures with Braden. He's adorable! He's growing up so quickly - don't ya hate that?!?!
Love the post. I love the picture of Adam's dad and Braden too...both of them. He'll treasure those someday! That's something I wish we had more of.
AND...I love that Braden is a little unsure of animals up close...because someday he'll be working the farm along with all of the boys:)
Like everyone else, I love the picture of Grandpa Henke and Braden. That is priceless. And, look at those similar cheeks!! So cute!
I also love his bathtub pic. Really, how do you get through a day without squeezing him like crazy?! I can't control the urge!!!
So glad to hear that he is feeling better...and that y'all had a great time in Hallettsville. That is such a cool tradition for all the kids!
What cute pictures. There are all those pictures that are frameworthy. I can't believe they are growing up so fast.
Kelly
I had on my long sleve Siggie shirt on Sunday too. Wow, it must be fate.
I love those picutres. He is so precious!
The first and last pictures are my favorites! Braden is so sweet looking! I am sure he is sweet acting also. The Extravaganza thing sounds like lots of fun!
Cortni!!
We miss you guys so much!! Are we still friends? Call us. It's been months.
Tara
Post a Comment