Adam
Well...this picture will hopefully be a "momento" soon. Adam stumbled into the role of the plant manager of a concrete company almost a year ago. It pays well, but the hours are crazy and he is hoping to be back in coaching this next year. He doesn't usually drive a truck, but they were running short on drivers so he hopped in and made a trip with the mixer. He was close to the house so he decided he needed a picture to remember this. Here ya go...

He had an interview with a large, and very near, school district this past week to be a varsity defensive line coach. He has always coached offense, but is interested in seeing what this could be like. This district has had a "powerhouse" team in years past. It went VERY well...2 and a half hours worth...and we should hear back this week. He also has another lined up for the first week in May that looks very promising too. Keep those in your prayers, if you would please :)Cortni
I am doing great! We are 6 weeks away from summer...and I am counting down in a MAJOR way! Today we had our field trip to the zoo. Look at my cute kiddos! They each designed their own shirt in art class...cool huh!?!



Please excuse my drowned rat look. It was raining all day...yuck! We managed to have fun anyway!Braden
The "little man" went to the doctor last week for his 15 month check up (though he was already 16 months and a half months...great job mom....I know!) He weighed in at 32 pounds and 4 ounces, and was 33 inches tall. WHAT!?! He is in the 95th-100th percentile in everything (including head circumference), but he always has been. The doctor did mention that I COULD opt for low-cal foods versus regular ones...but she didn't tell me I needed to. He is, and always has been, a BIG BOY! Have you seen his daddy?!?
Here are some recent pictures of him...with a little commentary of course!
He was cracking me up. I was talking to my mom on the phone and Adam was mowing the yard. Braden was standing on the window sill watching Adam mow. He is shirtless because he had just finished a messy dinner...

After I took the 1st picture, he turned and did this. Such a ham!

On another day...he found a package of saltines on the end table in the living room, and decided they were ALL for him. Take a look at that face..."Don't you dare touch my crackers..."

"Oh...I meant...please can I eat these mom!?!"
Adam filled in the part under our playground with sand...so Braden now has a sandbox. He loves digging with his shovels and playing in the sand. Here was his first sandbox playtime.


And there you have it...and update of our lives right now! My school countdown...31 days. (We go until June 8th...yuck!)




6 comments:
I LOVE that first picture of Braden with the crackers! Hilarious! Jackson also loves sand. I think we are going to take him to the beach this weekend. He isn't going to know what to do with all of that sand! I feel pretty confident that I will be in the Metroplex at some point or another this summer, so if you guys are in town and not busy, we should get our boys together to play. I think they would have so much fun!
Also, if Braden is in the same percentile for everything, wouldn't that make him well proportioned? He is such a cutie, and I want to see him in person so bad!
Good luck to Adam about the jobs and to you about the end of the year! Yay! I will pray about the job situation.
I'm glad you got a picture of Adam in the truck...that's hillarious:) We, too, are praying for his job search...can't wait to see how that turns out!!
You're such a cute teacher! Seriously...seeing you in a picture with your class makes me wonder what it's like to spend a day in there...I bet it's FUN:)
Braden has the cutest camo pants...and striped shirt...if it weren't for me, would he have anything cute?? J. I can't wait to see him this weekend...I need to love on that boy...all 32 pounds of him! (and I learned a long time ago not to come between Braden and his food...I love the cracker picture...)
Love the truck. :) It's actually a VERY cool cement truck...as far as cement trucks go. Haha.
And, I agree with Cass---you are the coolest teacher. I'm sure your class will LOVE these cute pics from their trip.
Braden Henry continues to amaze me with his facial expressions. Hmmm...wonder where he got that talent?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cracker picture. It really does speak volumes about his love for food. And, I say don't you dare give him low-cal anything. I wouldn't be able to stand it if he lost his sweet cheeks.
Love y'all!!
Braden makes me smile. He is precious!
Keep us posted on the jobs! That is exciting!
I have to start by saying I just got caught up reading your blog from your first blogging days. I got stopped on Feb. 16, 2006 in tears! I luckily don't have to pump too often at work, but can definitely see how hilarious this would be. You got a good laugh out of me! I love reading your blog and keeping up todate with you and Adam and precious Brayden. Good luck to Adam on the job search...I'm in the same boat right now. And...I can also relate to the end of the year jitters. I am putting in my 2 weeks notice at the daycare this Friday.
Thanks for the update...
by the way I was on a plane this weekend and a couple rows in front of us was this giant baby, who I would've guessed was about 2 1/2 years old. His mom started talking to my mom and she told her he was 15 months and weighed 41 pounds!!! He reminded me a lot of Braden his really blonde hair...but he made Braden look like a little shrimp!!!
Post a Comment