Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hoppy Easter...Part 2

On Saturday night we drove back from Hallettsville, through the SNOW! What!?! Craziness. Here is a shot I took through the front windshield. (not a great one...but you can see the snow!)
We went to Prestoncrest on Sunday morning with Chelsea, and then to the Jacobs house for a BIG family Easter. She had a great idea of inviting ALL the family (Mark's parents, Mom and Ron, Dad and Kay, and of course all the siblings, spouses, and children.) Whe had quite a crowd. We did a "potluck" style meal that was DELICIOUS! Chelsea made some citrus pork tenderloin...mmm! Okay...enought about the food!

After eating we listened to Kendyll read an Easter story. The guys were watching the Masters, so Kendyll quickly figured out how to remedy this problem...


Look...isn't she a natural. I think she will be a teacher...

She did a terrific job!!

Then, it was time for the REAL fun to begin...the egg hunt. Braden had so much fun finding eggs this Easter! I didn't expect him to be this good at it already...but he has got it down! He was so much fun to watch.

Here an egg,

There an egg,

Everywhere an Easter egg...

Wait a minute...that's not an egg.


Checking out the "loot."


After the egg hunt, it was time for the butterfly release. My dad gave Kendyll and Carlie a butterfly kit for Easter a few weeks early. They have been watching these butterflies grow from larvae, to caterpillars, into their cocoons, and now they are butterflies. Chelsea had told Kendyll that Easter Sunday they could release them. She didn't plan for the weather to be so bad...but Kendyll had her mind set on it. Three flew away, and three decided to stay. We decided they should wait until a warmer day for the last 3. Sadly, there were a few who flew straight to butterfly heaven, before their release. Here are some release party pictures...

And, after such a long day, even the tiniest of the group was worn out!


Now...all you teachers out there...what is the countdown until Summer??

6 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

I love all of your pictures!!! I need copies of those! Especially that sweet one of AK with Dad's hand. :) I love it! And, we loved getting to spend the day with you guys. Braden is the best 16 month old egg-hunter I have EVER known. He's gonna be good at every sport he tries, I have a feeling...(I know egg-hunting is not a sport, but you know what I mean!) Love you.

Unknown said...

That picture of your neice with the book up against the TV is hilarious! It is good that she is learning at an early age that you have to work hard to really get a man's attention when they are watching a sporting event!

Braden is too cute! I laughed at your comment on my blog about Braden eating some foil wrappers to get to the chocolate. Jackson tried to as well and threw a fit when we took the candy away from him to open the Reeses peanut butter cup. I guess our boys don't have the best patience! Maybe sometime when I am in the Metroplex, we can get our boys together! They really would have fun!

Cassie said...

You do have some great pictures! The funniest part of Kendyll reading was when she said (after trying to read while showing the picture), "Maybe I'll just read and then show you the picture." She would be a GREAT teacher:)

Braden is TOO CUTE. Seriously. I loved that EVERY egg in his basket he really did find and put there...and I agree with Chels...he'll be so great at all the sports:) Oh...and I love the way he says banana!

Ashley said...

6 weeks....

What fun! Braden is an Easter superstar!

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious pics- all the little cousins are just adorable! I hope the weeks fly for you until summer break.....feel free to email me any "tips" for life with baby boys- we are absolutely clueless :)!!!

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures! Braden is very handsome in his easter outfit!