He had fun during the wait. They had a great play area... (check out the hair!)
He and daddy enjoyed some video games...

I didn't get a good after shot...but trust me...it look so much better now!FLOATING
Every year the Henkes go camping in Gruene (well...outside of Gruene) on the Guadalupe River. Every year we not only go to the same place, but we rent the exact same campsites. We get there Friday night, the guys play some poker (and some girls too) and we all stay up way past our bed times. On Saturday we lounge around and a little after lunch, we float the river. The grandparents (Adam's parents and his aunts and uncles) come in on Saturday for lunch and keep all the grandkids while we float. It is so much fun! Then, on Sunday, several of Adam's cousins and siblings go to "The Jam" at Gruene Hall, where many Texas Country bands perform. We haven't made "The Jam" yet...but one day we will!!
Playing in the river Saturday morning. Braden didn't notice that the water was "take your breath away" cold. FRIGID!!!
Here is is jumping with Grandpa. He was LOVING that cold water!
During lunch on Saturday, Braden decided he was ready for a nap! I was laughing so hard. He has never done this!! Check out his sleep boy video!
This was the final product...

Braden with his cool new shades!
Grandma and Grandpa made a quick run into town to get this blow-up pool. The river was just too cold to play in! The kids had a BLAST in the pool. Great idea Grandma!!
Here we are headed up the river to begin our float. This was just part of the group. There was another truck and a van full of people from our group.
Aunt Sally and Braden took a "self portrait" while I was floating. Isn't it cute!!
Braden was trying to get in on a little "washer" action. You can see the view from our campsites. It is the best!
We had a great weekend, but now we are back to the daily grind. I have 3 weeks left of school(really...12 days). I CAN DO THIS!!




6 comments:
What did you put in Braden's sippy cup?? I love that he's nodding off while Adam is holding him...hillarious!
I also love the picture of Sally and Braden...SO cute:)
Glad you had fun...I'm jealous every time you go camping with the Henke's...we need to do that someday!!
You are so high tech Cortni!!!
& I "almost" got to keep that boy!
(stupid multi-cultural night!)
Braden is very handsome with his new cut! Very cute! Camping looks like so much fun with your group. Have a good end of the year!
We are so sad we missed the floating/camping. Looks like it was tons of fun. The videos of Braden are priceless. I was definitely laughing out loud
Braden is SO CUTE- and growing up so fast! Your family camp-out looked awesome and like so much fun....you guys have such great and FUN traditions! I hope the days left of school FLY BY so summer gets here quickly for you :).
That video of Braden is so funny! You guys wore that boy out! You guys really do have the most fun family traditions! I am so jealous.
Love the haircut, too. We go to Cool Cuts 4 Kids also. What is better than getting to sit in a car and watch a movie while getting your hair cut?
Hope you have a GREAT summer with your little man!
Post a Comment