This past weekend we packed up and headed to Hallettsville for a wedding shower and the annual Memorial Day Church Picnic. At the last picnic, Braden wasn't quite old enough to FULLY enjoy all the picnic had to offer...but this year...he discovered something quite fascinating at the picnic...ANIMALS!
Let's do a little countdown...Letterman style.
#4: The kitten:
About 5 or 6 kittens were auctioned off during the auction part of the picnic. When Braden saw this cute kitten, he couldn't pass her up. Unfortunately...Adam didn't give in when I wanted to raise my hand for a kitten...meany!!

#3: COWS...MMMMMM (that is moo in Braden talk...it actually sounds quite realistic!) These cows were also on the auciton block...well...not literally. They keep them in the trailers and you bid on them by number. Braden was quite fascinated with them.

#2: The puppy:
There were 2 daschsund puppies that were also part of the auction. We visited this sweet little baby while he was awaiting his on stage debut. Braden tried desperately to free him...but he just couldn't figure out the latch.

But...as it would just so happen...the new owner was someone we knew. He got to love on the sweet baby after all.


#1: The miniature horse:
Again, I have to call my husband a "meany" on this one. We have 2 perfectly horse-friendly acres that we live on. This sweet baby should be living in our backyard right now...but he was auctioned off to another family for $800. Of course, we weren't planning to spend anywhere NEAR that much at the picnic...but Braden sure did LOVE this little guy...and so did I!! After we fence in our back acre, I will get one...that is a promise.
Braden also enjoyed some other parts of the picnic...apart from animals. Here is how he spent the rest of his day...(and night)
The jump house. This was a definite favorite of his. It was 2 tickets for 2 minutes...and I think he used 10 tickets on this alone. He would try to crawl in before it was his turn, and we would have to go in and fetch him out when it was over. The lady working it was so sweet and patient. When she would say "time up" he would run to the opposite corner. She always let us go in after him (even though the opening was only big enough for a 10 year old!!)

The Train. He didn't enjoy this much. He is in the green cart with his cousins, but Luke said he tried to bail out a couple of times. He was trying to get to the jump house, I think.
Dancing with Grandma and Grandpa. I went to find Grandma (who was pushing Braden's stroller) to make sure she knew where his shoes were in case he wanted out. I found the 3 of them 2-stepping.
How precious is this...he has one arm around Grandma and the other around Grandpa. 

And...to end the evening...a little water works. It rained for a good part of the day, and he found a gutter that was dripping and went to town. We were laughing so hard. I will let the pictures and video do the talking...



And...for your viewing pleasure...a glipse into the joy Braden found in the water. I hope you laugh as hard as I did... If the video isn't working...please come back to see it later. Photobucket isn't cooperating tonight. :(







5 comments:
I find myself hoping you have more pictures as I scroll down your blog...I can't get enough of Braden!! He is TOO cute:) I love that he is already learning how to 2 step (from experts, I might add)...that will come in handy some day!
Love you guys
Corni, he is so cute! And the picnic looks like so much fun. You guys do so many fun things with extended family! I love that:)
Oh my cuteness! how fun! He is such a litte boy!
I LOVE the picture with the Braden with his eyes closed with the water coming down on his head!
WHAT A CUTIE PIE!
Seriously..... Braden is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get over him! Have a fun summer with your sweet, little boy!
Post a Comment