Thursday, June 07, 2007

Glorious Riches

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19



As many of you know, about 18 months ago Adam was replaced as the head coach at Midlothian High School. Braden was 11 days old, and we were filled with questions, fear, anger, hurt...the list could go on and on. We didn't know what the next step would be. Would we move? Would Adam pursue a coaching career or find a new direction? Would I have to change jobs? Would we be able to provide for this newborn we had? The questions flooded, and there were few, if any, answers. We were overwhelmed.

We decided that he would not look for a coaching job. We struggled with that decision, because if you know Adam, you know his LOVE for coaching. He is an amazingly patient teacher...not a rude, arrogant, cussing coach (and trust me, there are many of those). Coaching is his passion. SO...it was a hard decision...but we felt that coaching was not the most stable environment for our new family, so the decision was made. He was excited to join a friend in a business venture, but that never came to fruition. We, again, felt lost and unsure of what the future would be for us.

For the past year Adam has been managing a concrete plant. I posted about that not too long ago. He started as a driver for some income between jobs, and was promoted to plant manager after about 2 weeks. The money has been good, the hours have been HORRIBLE!! We always knew this would be a short term fix, but for what...we weren't sure.

Well, a few weeks ago, Adam accepted a position in the Mansfield School District, about 25 minutes from home. He will be serving as the athletic coordinator for a middle school in that district. We have been so excited and anxious for this job to begin, but because it is in the school district, they couldn't officially hire him until August 10th, which means concrete all summer...yuck!!

Until...

Yesterday afternoon we got a call from the Athletic Director for the district. She told Adam that her assistant AD was leaving, and that she could use his help for the summer. He quickly accepted, and will begin on June 25th. What an amazing opportunity!!


I cannot tell how evident God's blessings are in our lives right now. We are so thankful that He blesses us beyond what we could ask or imagine. We are humbled and grateful.

And...a little off subject...but a huge blessing :)...Adam's sister Sally got engaged this morning!! We are SO stinkin' excited!! Congratulations Sally and Kevin!! Hugs from far away!

5 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I am so thrilled for your family! What a great opportunity for Adam and your family. I know he will be excited to be back on the "athletic" side! I pray that your family will continued to be blessed with this job! Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

Yipee for the Henkes! and now for a great summer! Our prayers have been there for you guys and we love you! Thank you Adam, you were an awesome leader and coach for our son. Mansfield will be blessed to have you as a mentor and coach for someone elses son. I am glad the Henke's moved to Midlothian... it has been a bumpy road, but God only knows the plans he has for us... We love ya!

Cassie said...

I'm so excited for Adam (and you!!)...I know that it's been a long time coming:) We love you both so much and have been so blessed to watch as you continually let God have control.

Also, CONGRATS to Sally! That's so exciting!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

We are SOOOO excited for all three of you to have this new opportunity...and some better working hours. :) I have said it before to you, but I still have the utmost admiration for Adam (and you) as all of these transitions have been made. Not once have you questioned that God would put your family where He wanted you. And, it is amazing to watch how that has happened. (And, we're excited to have a new team to root for now too! :)

On another note, WOO HOO for you, Sally!!!! We're excited for you and wish you all the best as you plan your wedding and get ready for your married life. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for Adam and family. I love you all so much and thank you for the blog apperience. I felt very loved. Also, a big thanks to the sis' for the congrats!