Last night I was talking to my sister, Cassie, on the phone and she said, "you really need to update your blog." About a week ago Adam said his sister, Sally, had mentioned the same thing...so here you go! (By the way girls...I know y'all just want more pictures of Braden.)
I realized in looking back at pictures that a few events had never been blogged about...probably due to the shock I was experiencing related to the previous post. Here is a quick catch-up.
A REMINDER OF GOD'S PROMISES
After I told Adam that God had surprised us with #2 in the oven, we decided to go grab some dinner. As we pulled back in the driveway, I had to stop and take some pictures.
I realized in looking back at pictures that a few events had never been blogged about...probably due to the shock I was experiencing related to the previous post. Here is a quick catch-up.
A REMINDER OF GOD'S PROMISES
After I told Adam that God had surprised us with #2 in the oven, we decided to go grab some dinner. As we pulled back in the driveway, I had to stop and take some pictures.



Of course I know the rainbow is God's promise to not flood the earth, but it served that evening to remind me of ALL of his promises to us. I cannot tell you how worried I am...still...about how we will manage to afford 2 babies right now. In fact, I laid awake in bed last night planning and budgeting...2 daycares, hospital bills, maternity leaves, etc. Just worry. Even looking back at these pictures today reminds me of all the times HE has provided for us in the past year from the most unlikely sources...and I know that HE will continue to bless us. Thank you God, for your gentle...and amazing...reminders!!
ALCON'S "LIGHT UP THE NIGHT FOR SIGHT"
Alcon puts this event each year to benefit research for sight loss and blindness. There are lots of booths for the kids, complete with animals from the Ft. Worth Zoo, a train ride, bean bag tosses, a fire truck and ambulance, etc. There is a walk-a-thon (actually about a mile walk around Alcon's campus) and the night ends with fireworks. We had a great time! Here are some pictures...
CELBRATING THE FOURTH
We went out to Mineola for the 4th, as has become tradition. However, this year we strayed from the traditional. Mom and Ron are remodeling the "ranch" house, so we went to eat burgers in town. After eating, we headed over to the red caboose for some pictures.
Kendyll and Carlie...the Southern Belles
Braden the Conductor
A few attempts at all 3 looking and smiling...hah!!


I love this picture...(that's my grandmother with Adam and Braden)
Swingin' at the ranch
We ended the evening with fireworks, but I don't have pictures of that part. We had a great time, as always.
And there you have it...what we have been up to. I'll try to be better about updating more frequently, so you don't have to endure these long posts :)








4 comments:
Congratulations on #2!!!! Praying that God keeps you healthy and feeling good!!!
hi cortni,
congratulations on your 2nd! i know what you mean on it being tough to imagine how everything is going to fall in place financially, etc. i have spent many hours attempting to figure out this very thing, only to be reminded once again that God is more than faithful. your rainbow pictures reminded me of his promises all over again. thank you!
Hey girl,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm glad you found my blog, and now I can read yours! Congrats on another sweet kid, I am excited for you! Have a great week!
Good post:) And with so many pictures...you know those are my favorite!
And I love your reminder of God's faithfulness!
Chelsea told me something that I keep reminding myself (especially when I worry)...that we are just a vessel for God to use to put his child on the earth for his purpose. His timing is for this sweet baby to be here...and he will work everything out to make that happen. That really helps me when I worry about (fill in the blank:).
Love you and can't wait for baby #2 (especially after you did so good with baby #1...just look at him:)
Post a Comment