Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What a GREAT Hubby!!

At the beginning of the summer I asked Adam if he would be interested in building a barn reading loft for my classroom. My dad made one similar to this for my mom when I was growing up, and I have since wanted one of my own. Adam agreed, but then we got busy with all kinds of summer fun.

It was the Sunday before inservice began (the next day) and we (by "we" I mean "he") started the project. I batted my eyelashes and politely asked if it could be installed by Thursday night for "Meet the Teacher." He agreed. Then...he worked and worked and worked. What a GREAT hubby!!! Take a look at his AWESOME creation!!

This is what he got done THE FIRST DAY!!

Proof that I helped...a little! (See my baby bump??)
Proof that Braden helped. He wanted to paint so badly, so he "water" painted.
He was proud of his work!
The installation... (it had to be constructed in the garage, then taken apart, and reconstructed in the classroom. He was loving me!!)
The final product...


The kids love it, and I am now known as "the teacher with the barn" around school.
Thanks, honey, for my AWESOME barn!! You're the BEST!

11 comments:

Cassie said...

There is NO WAY on the face of this planet that Austin could ever do that:) Adam is so handy to have around!!

The barn looks great--tell him way to go...and I think he should win husband of the year for doing it that fast!

Oh yeah...and Braden is SOOOOOO cute...I just want to squeeze those cheeks:) But he does look a little WT in the first pic:)

Love you

annalee said...

WOW! THAT IS SO GREAT! I am very impressed with the finished product and your husbands building abilities.
As cute as the barn is, the pic of Braden painting is even cuter!

Felicia said...

How CUTE! I wish I had something original like that in my classroom! Is Adam taking orders, because I agree with Cassie, Clayton could never do that! Enjoy your school year!

leslie said...

Cortni, that is awesome! Adam did a GREAT job!! You will have the coolest room in the school by far. Miss you!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, I second Cass on the lack of handy husband genes in our family. :) It's in the these moments that I'm jealous. Does he wanna come build playroom shelves next? I'll even bat my eyelashes?? But, only if your PRECIOUS painting assistant comes along. (I meant Braden, Cort.)

That barn is SO cool and I'm so proud of Adam for tackling that just because you said pretty please. Ha ha. He's such a good hubby.

I'm sure your kids KNOW they got the best teacher in the school now! Hope they enjoy it!!

Anonymous said...

Love the barn!!! That is so fun. I know the kids must love it. What an awesome husband! And I love the baby bump!

Anonymous said...

Well, it is really a shame that Adam did such a terrific job on that barn and then has his son steal his thunder by just looking so dadgum cute! A fabulous looking barn, a beautiful daughter, a wonderful son-in-law and an incredibly cute grandson...makes my heart smile big time.
Love you!
Dad

Norman said...

Dude! You're handy.

Wanna build/paint my fence?

Anonymous said...

thanks adam.....now I have to make a surf tiki hut.....

Anonymous said...

yipee!!! I love your barn and I love being your classroom next door neighbor!!! good job adam and cutie pie braden!!!!

Ashley said...

That is awesome! I love it. That makes me wish I tought little kids. So fun!