Friday, August 10, 2007

Busy...

Confession: I have been much more of a blog lurker lately, and not much of a blogger. Seriously, I think it is because I am so far behind, I don't know how to catch up. We have not been home on a weekend since the last weekend in June. Here's a run-down of what we have been up to...

July 6th-8th: We extended our 4th of July visit to help with some demolition on the "ranch" house. My mom and step-dad are basically gutting and re-building/adding on...so Adam helped tear some stuff down. I enjoyed hanging out with Mom and Cailee in the AC!!

July 13th-15th: To Hallettsville for a Adam's cousin's wedding. Congrats Scott and Lindsay! We had a great time. Braden enjoyed playing with his cousin Arianna.

This was Braden's favorite "resting" place. He and Ari are actually sitting on the front ledge of the BAR!! That's right folks...he is learning early where to hang out on a hot summer day :) The bar tenders got a kick out of him sitting there. Too funny!

July 20th-22nd: Back to Hallettsville. Braden stayed with Grandma and Grandpa the week between, so we headed back down to pick him up, and for a FUN surprise for Sally's 30th birthday! We all met in Austin on Friday night for dinner, and then all of Adam's siblings and spouses went country dancing. It was a fun-filled...and EXTREMELY late night.


July 27th-29th: Back to Mineola. This time Adam used his fencing skills to help Ron build a fence for a new drive through the pasture. It will be very nice when it is done...because it means no more gates to open/close. Good thinking!!

August 3rd-5th: This was probably my favorite weekend of the whole summer. We took a real SISTER TRIP!! We have taken "sister trips" before with spouses and kids, but this was our first true sister trip... with just the sisters. We had so much fun shopping, talking, laughing, eating, relaxing, getting pedicures, and shopping some more. I cannot even begin to tell you how much my sisters mean to me. They truly are my very best friends. Here are a few pictures...

Outside the hotel...
Chelsea was shopping for Carlie's fiesta party. We were trying to get the background and show off her lovely flower purchase :) Mission accomplished.
Me and our baby Cailee...seriously...how is she a SENIOR??We all got the same color on our nails...in honor of the sister trip :)
Dinner on the River Walk
And now I must finish this post, because my hubby will be home soon...and I have strict orders to have my bags packed and ready to leave BY 1:00. We are headed to Hallettsville for the weekend for the WORLD-STOPPING live fantasy football draft. Woo hoo. I think this weekend will officially end the out of town weekends.
Hope your summer has been as restful as mine :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't cha just love sisters!!! I love mine! Glad you've had a busy summer and I am not looking forward to being back in the routine of school, but I am looking forward to being with my "3rd grade team sisters!"
See you on Monday!!!

Ashley said...

Sweet family and sweet girls! Sisters are such a blessing

Unknown said...

Fun summer! I know EXACTLY what you mean about having way too much to catch up on that you don't feel like blogging. That happens much too often.

Your sister trip looks like fun! In that last picture, the two sisters on the right look just alike and the two sisters on the left look alike. All are beautiful!