Well, good new or bad news first? We'll go with good first:
#1-Avery is moving and grooving, as Dr. Weprin says. She says everything is going just beautifully! I am truly thankful for having healthy and easy, enjoyable pregnancies with both Braden and Avery (besides the last week of impatience with Braden!!)
#2- Her bedding is in...and we LOVE it. I ordered it online from PolkaTot Designs. I got to pick the fabrics and where each piece of fabric went. It was so much fun, though completely overwhelming at times. I can't say the pictures do it justice, but here are a couple. Now we just have to paint the room and decorate it.



Okay, bad news:
There is only one piece of bad news...and it probably isn't all that bad for you...but for me it wasn't the most exciting thing I have heard.
Many of you know that Braden was a big boy when he was born. I was induced 10 days early because they were afraid he was getting too big...and he weighed 9lbs 8oz. Just think if I had carried him 10 more days!!! Adam, my sweet husband, weighed a WHOPPING 11lbs 5oz at birth..(without a C-section I might add.) That's right ladies! Ouch! Mom Henke is someone we can all aspire to be more like...because after that she even had 3 more!!
Well...Avery is trying to be like her Daddy. The doctor told us at our visit 2 weeks ago that she was looking big. Here is the conversation...
Dr. Weprin: (while feeling on my tummy) "What a...big bambino."
Me: "What??" (with a hint of dread in my voice) "I guess I just grow them big, huh?"
Dr. Weprin: "Well, yes...but she is actually measuring bigger than Braden did at this point. SO...we will just watch her and try to keep her under 9lb 8oz, since we know you can do that. (And then she said my favorite line....)"We won't let you carry too close to full term, because we don't want a 12 pound baby."
I laughed...she didn't. We went back yesterday and she is still measuring 2 weeks too big...so we shall see! I am hoping that she just hit her growth spurt earlier than Braden did, and she will level out now. Wishful thinking? Maybe...
So much for my tiny, dainty, little girl! But...oh, those rolls will be so kissable! I can't wait to meet her!




3 comments:
Cortni, I absolutely LOVE the bedding! I'm going to have to check out that site whenever we have another one. So glad to see things are going so well. See you at Christmas!
Yippy! I can't wait to kiss her fat cheeks!!!! By the way...this is your sister! Ha Ha, I feel like a total dork!
Love you!
Hey Cortni, its Randee! So not sure if Lindsay has shared, but my sweet little addison was 9lbs 4 oz......and I didn't have an epi! So I totally feel your pain!! But God willing that little angel will at least spare you an ounce or two! My doc told me after addi that there was no way she would let me have the next one that big! I think that no epi overwhelmed her with that big baby! Lol hope no matter the size of her she is healthy!! God Bless!
Post a Comment