Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ode To My Neti Pot

It may look strange, but Dr. Oz says this treatment may be more effective than medication. "The [ear, nose and throat] doctors who are specialists in this area will often say this is a better treatment than a lot of the other drugs that we try to offer folks, because it mechanically cleans out the problem," he says.
Did you see this on Oprah? This girl was brave enough to try the Neti Pot for the first time ON THE OPRAH SHOW! She is actually from Mansfield, which is just up the road from us...so I took notice. This show aired a while back, and I tucked the idea of this "Neti Pot" back in my mind. I was curious as to what it would feel like, if it really works, etc. I don't have many sinus issues usually, so I didn't think about really needing one.

UNTIL...yesterday. I have had a cold (I guess) for a couple of weeks now. Runny nose...sinus pressure...a yucky cough. My OB/GYN asked what I had been taking at my last appointment, and when I said nothing, she told me what was safe to take. Since then I have been taking some light medication trying to get well.

Well...yesterday my sinus cavities started hurting again...and we will just say...the output was not the right color. Sinus infection...here I come. :( SO...I stopped by Walgreens after work and purchased my first Neti Pot. Yes...I DID IT! I have become a Neti Pot user.

It isn't very attractive, but man does it get the yuck out! I will spare you the nasty details, but hopefully after a few more days of use, the junk will be completely washed out of this face of mine! We are off to a good start!

SO...if you have nasal issues...I place my stamp of approval on the Neti Pot!

2 comments:

erinlo said...

Hey Cortni- This is Erin (Amanda T's sis). The nettie pot thing is cool- didn't see it on Oprah, but it looks like something that would come in handy up here in "cold country." (We live in canada now.)

Anyways- Amanda just told me about the thing that happened on Chelsea's blog and I went back and read your post and it made me so sad!!! I had noticed that Chelsea's blog was now private, but didn't know why. In case Chelsea is reading this, I wanted you to know that I have been a regular reader and have often thought to myself, "Wow- that Chelsea is amazing!!!" You have inspired me as a mother and a wife and through your blog, I guess you could say I kind of look up to you. I hate that people can be so ugly. Totally ridiculous. My e-mail is linked to my blog and I would love to be invited to read yours again.

Cortni, you said your parents were really good about making sure you guys never compared eachother and I'd be really interested if you wrote a post about this. It's something I would really like to instill in my own children as it has something that I have struggled with for years with my own sisters.

Love, Erin L.

Anonymous said...

Okay, how does this thing work? Is she pouring something in her nose? Very interesting. I'm glad it's helping you and can't wait to see you guys over Christmas!