Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Get comfortable...

I have lots to catch up on. We have had Christmas, New Years, Doctors appointments, nursery decorating, Braden's first day of big boy school...and not one blog to show any of it. SO...I am going to try to do this update in LOTS of pictures and very FEW words!! (The kind of post we all love to read!)
Join me for a journey through the holidays...in photos (and a few words)!
December 19th: What a glorious day! The last day of school, the first day of Christmas Break!
December 20th: I had my doctor's appointment to check on baby Avery. Everything still looks good. She still looks big. I was 31 weeks, and she measured 33 weeks. I go back this Thursday and we will see if she is still big. (As if she is going to shrink...)
December 21st: Braden had his 2 year appointment. He weighed 37 pounds and was 37 inches tall. Dr. Deuber said that is the size of an average 4 year old. Hmmm...not only do I grow them big...they stay big!
December 22nd: (Now is when the pictures start!) We headed to Hallettsville to celebrate with the Matula's (Adam's mom's family).
All the kids played a game that Aunt Irene had planned. We loved it! (Braden especially loved the Starburst bag he won!!)
Santa even made an appearance. Braden was much more excited about the candy cane he got from Santa than he was to actually see Santa. He actually wanted NOTHING to do with him.
Have these kids been naughty or nice??
December 23rd: We drove to Austin to welcome Caleb Ryne Henley to the family. He was born at about 7:45 that evening and weighed 8 lbs 5 oz. I can honestly say I haven't gotten to hold him and cuddle with him nearly enough. But...they are coming to visit tomorrow! YEA!!!


Waiting...waiting...waiting... Caleb in his first official "sister pic"
The boy cousins meet...

December 24th: We headed back to Hallettsville after a quick stop by the hospital to see the new family of 3! We celebrated Christmas with Adam's parents and siblings that night.

Before opening presents we always sing "Happy Birthday" to baby Jesus, and the kids blow out the candle in the nativity scene.

Braden made up a little game. It's called "Can you guess what your present is?"

"It's me!"


December 25th: Merry Christmas! We celebrated with the Henke side on Christmas day.

The kids. There are actually a few missing (7, I think...if I haven't left anyone out). There are still 2 more coming in February too!!
The guys

1

The girls

1

We didn't get one of the aunts and uncles. We need to do that!


December 26th: We woke up to a special treat...13 new baby chicks!!


Then we drove back through Austin to celebrate with my Mom and sisters at Cassie's house. She was sweet to let us invade her house the day after she brought Caleb home. It was fun to be together (and to hold Caleb again!)

Braden got his new back pack for big boy school. He also got a matching nap mat and lunch box!

My favorite gift to give this Christmas...Dr. Kendyll Jacobs and Dr. Carlie Jacobs lab coats (they have name tages)...complete with pink stethoscopes!!
Caleb's 2nd sister pic (How "ready to pop" do I look!?!)

December 27th: We slept in...for once during this so-called "break"...and then headed to Mineola. Adam went to work on some fences and such at the ranch...and Braden and I hung out at my Mom and Ron's all alone. It was a nice, relaxing break from all the traveling (at least for me and Braden!)

December 29th: We drove back home.

December 30th: We drove to Ft. Worth to have Christmas with my Dad and Kay (and family). We combined our monthly GranSunday with our Christmas celebration. Braden got some great "Braden" toys. He loved everything and wanted to play with each thing before opening the next present. Here are just a few examples...

Of course balls are always a winner!
Drums...every mother's dream! (They are actually pretty quiet!)
A "di tuck" (big truck) full of little cars! Now, that is speaking Braden's language!


December 31st: Back to the ranch for New Year's Eve. We had originally planned to celebrate our Christmas with Mom and Ron then, but with Caleb's arrival on the 23rd, we changed things up a bit. We decided to still go have New Year's together. The girls really wanted to shoot fireworks at the ranch...so we did! Braden loved the sparklers! (I didn't get pictures of that.)

AND...we got to welcome a new baby to the ranch...(I don't know if she has a name yet).
Just a cute picture!!

January 1st: Back home

January 2nd: Back to school. Seriously. With kids and all! YUCK!

I can't say my Christmas "break" was all that restful, but it was so much fun to see ALL the family! We were able to see almost everyone at some point, which was the best part! Now I just need to catch up on some sleep!

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Great post! I'm impressed how long, but organized it is with dates, pictures and descriptions all in order! I'm glad ya'll a great Christmas. I love the idea of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus before ya'll open gifts!

Back to school on Jan 2...yuck! We did go back the 3rd, but something about the 2nd seems SO much earlier. What happened to the 2 full week vacation? I liked that much better!

Shelley said...

Thanks for the great update. Braden is so cute and I cant wait to see sweet Avery :) Another fun cousin for the Teague girls! Y'all are so blessed to have each other!

Jennie said...

Wow! And that is why Brandon was so excited that we had Lane so close to Christmas...we had to pass on our usual whirlwind of family Christmas get-togethers. It is pretty much like what you described in your blog.

leslie said...

That post made me tired just reading it! It sounds like ya'll had so much fun though. You do look like you are ready to "pop," but you still look BEAUTIFUL!!

I loved all of the pictures!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Will you please come write my Christmas blog?? That was a REALLY good way to fit it all in and still hit the best highlights. :)

We had fun getting to see you at multiple family Christmases...and we're looking forward to a fun b-day celebration with you (well, actually, just with Braden) tomorrow! Love you. Happy early birthday!!!

Ashley said...

Goodness! You guys were busy! You look so good! And congrats to cassie! What fun!

Jennifer K said...

Wow! What fun times! Have such a large family must be exciting. Especially with all of the cousins! I hope that you are feeling great. 2 kids is tough at times, but still a lot of fun! You can do it!