Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting ready...

Are YOU ready for sweet baby Avery? I cannot begin to tell you how ready I am!! I cannot wait to hold her and kiss her, and put her first headband bow on her head! I cannot wait to see Braden become a big brother!

I can't say that I am all that uncomfortable (other than being larger than life) but I am so so so anxious to have her here! The good news is...it won't be long!
At the last Dr. appointment (which was last Monday...Jan.21st) I was already 3 cm and 50% effaced. Baby girl is preparing to make her debut!! We go this Thursday (the day after tomorrow) to check the size of this little one, and will hopefully set an induction for next week!!! YEA!!

So...after the last appointment I realized...this could be soon. This could be very soon. I still have LOTS to do before she gets here...so Adam and I put it in high gear and got some stuff done. Here are some pictures of her nursery! It was lots of hard work (mostly for Adam) but it really turned out cute...at least I think so!

Step 1: The bedding

I have already shared pictures of the bedding, but here is a quick refresher...

Step 2: The paint

We decided to go with 2 shades green, divided in the middle. I had mapped out a master plan in my head...but I won't give away the ending.




Step 3: The border

This is where it gets fun!! Adam had Martin Luther King Jr. day off of work, so he got the black border done while he was home. We decided to outline the black stripe with a very thin molding to make the lines nice and straight. It turned out REALLY nice!


Step 4: Let there be DOTS!!!

This was by far the most tedious and time consuming project...but completely worth the effort. Adam cut 75 circles out of plywood with his jigsaw and sanded them. We then spent 2 nights painting. Each one took about 3 coats of paint. In hindsight...we should have primed them first (which was my suggestion to begin with) but they turned out adorable!!! We stayed up until midnight putting them on the wall...because I was so excited to get them done!


Step 5: The extras

This part hasn't been done yet. My mom is making the curtains and the pillow covers for the bed. I am going to put a giant "A" on the corner shelves above her bed, but we haven't done that yet. There are still things to hang on the wall...but the big stuff is done!

I hope she loves her room...because it will not be changing for a VERY long time!!

Now we are ready! We just play the waiting game. Hopefully we will have a birthdate set for our sweet baby girl after Thursday. We'll keep you updated!


7 comments:

leslie said...

i LOVE the nursery! The "dots" are my favorite part!
Can't wait to know when Avery's birthday will be. I'm glad you're still feeling good!

annalee said...

how could she not LOVE that room!? it is too cute for words. i love the colors, the design, and every detail. it's going to be even cuter with avery in it.

Shelley said...

That is the most adorable room ever!!! Love it...

Felicia said...

Adorable! I like the two tone greens! Camille's bedding has the same stripe except with brown. We painted the walls of her room in our duplex the dark green, I'll just say your idea is MUCH cuter! I love the dots!

K cubed said...

too cute Cortni! How do you find time to be creative with a 2 year old running around. Amazing. Hope everything goes well with the doctor and can't wait to hear more about the new baby

TheRakes said...

the room is soo cute. nice job! just be thankful u had adam to help bc i did dj's room by myself!

Cailee D. said...

Cort. the room looks SO good!