Well...on my way to Daycare this morning to drop Braden off, I thought..."I need to post a 'SUCCESS' blog after this morning."
You see...Adam had to be at work early, so I had the task of getting up, getting myself, Avery, and Braden ready...and dropping Braden off at daycare.
"No big deal," you may think...but I have not had this task since being a mom of 2...so I wasn't too sure how it would go. Surprisingly, all went well. Here's a quick rundown...
*Woke up to a grunting Avery. That means she is hungry. (She will only cry if you don't answer her grunts in time!)
*Fed Avery and put her back to bed
*Got in the shower. Heard Avery crying (guess I didn't answer fast enough!) Hurried to finish showering...
*Quieted Avery
*Dressed myself
*Woke Braden up, turned on cartoons, gave him breakfast, retreated to the bathroom to finish getting ready
*I was finished getting ready...Braden was finished eating...we got him dressed
*Dressed Avery
*Fixed Braden's lunch
*Loaded the car...and we were off
The morning seemed to go along snag-free. Braden was cooperating, Avery was now sleeping in her carseat...and we were off to daycare (although about 30 minutes later than planned). No big deal. I still thought..."SUCCESS."
UNTIL...
When we arrived at "school," Braden started saying, "no want, no want." Great. He was holding onto a basketball that had been left in the car the day before, and he didn't want to part with it. I finally convinced him to leave the ball in the seat and we would get it after school. Then, as we walked down the sidewalk...complete meltdown. His legs gave way, and he started crying. Super.
With the infant carrier in one hand, and Braden being drug down the sidewalk with the other...getting in the door was a task in itself, but we managed.
We made it down the hall to Ms. Judy's room when "complete meltdown... part 2" occured. He started with the shy treatment...hugging my legs. Then came the crying...and finally, as I hugged him and told him I would see him at the end of the day...came the screaming. My tears started as I grabbed Avery's carrier and headed out the door. I stopped at his locker in the hall to put his coat up, and listened to him scream and cry for a few moments longer before I left...in full-out tears!!
I am sure that he has cheered up by now...at least for Ms. Judy's sake...I hope so!
So...a morning of success? I suppose not. I guess that is what they mean by not counting your chickens before they hatch.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh, Courtney! I know this scenerio too well. When things seem to be going okay there is always a surprise coming! Gotta love life with two little ones. They keep life exciting!
Sometime I need to tell you about the time that I CHASED down my own two year old because she was disobeying (in true two year old fashion) while I had an infant LATCHED ON to me (get my drift). I'm so sorry your successful morning had to end with tears from both of you. Don't let the tantrums and the tears take away your truely successful morning. The shower and getting out the door was more than I could do for about 4 months after I had my second. You're doing awesome!!
I'm so sorry! My eyes are full of tears from reading about upset little Braden and heart broken mommy.
Post a Comment