Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mineola Fun

We have spent the last several 4th of Julys in Mineola with Mom and Ron. It is always a fun day filled with eating, riding horses, visiting the ranch animals, eating some more, visiting with friends, swimming, eating again, and of course, fireworks!

This year we extended the stay, and the kids got some quality cousin time, while we got some quality sister time! Here is the week in photos...


Day 1: Wednesday
We arrived in the afternoon. The kids played in the huge sand pile, and were COVERED in orange sand. Aunt Cailee was so nice to give them baths. You should have seen the dirt covering the bottom of the bathtub when the bubbles were drained!!!


Day 2: Thursday

Adam worked to finish the treehouse. He added a tube slide, steering wheel, and side rails to make the bridge and treehouse parts safe. I didn't take a picture...but the kids LOVED playing on it!
Day 3: Friday

Chelsea and Mark arrived and the rock stars were born. I bought Rock Band for Adam for Father's Day (but it was a bit of a selfish purchase, I must admit!) We took it with us, knowing what fun we would all have playing together...and we were right!! Here is some proof...










Day 4: Saturday


This was the day of the big gathering...and I didn't take ONE picture! I guess I was too busy... Refer back to the first of the blog (about the eating, having fun, and eating). That is what happened this day.

Day 5: Sunday

Chelsea and Mark headed home and we all headed to church. Adam left that afternoon as well...and left me, Braden, and Avery to spend some QT with Cassie, Caleb, Cailee, and Mom. On this night the "CD'z" were born. Cassie, Cailee and I formed our own Rock Band...and let me say that we are pretty stinkin' good. We went on world tour, and would not move onto the next song until we had 5 stars. This was much easier on some songs than others, and involved the trading of instruments when the frustration got too great!


Day 6: Monday

Some more cousin/sister time. We spent time swimming and rocking! Unfortunately, this day was not ALL fun. We had some drama in the pool...

Let's test your vision...Can you tell what this is?


Obviously it is water. Do you see the 2 rust spots? Do you see something just to the right of those rust spots?

Here...let me zoom in for you...


That, my friends, is a DIAMOND! Not just any diamond...but the center stone to my engagement ring!!!!

The story:

As we were all getting out of the water, Cailee said, "Cortni, where is your diamond?" I laughed thinking she MUST be joking. I glanced down and saw 4 prongs standing where my diamond used to be. Panic!!!! I turned to my mom and Cassie and said, "Oh my gosh, she isn't joking. My diamond is gone!!"

We all cleared the pool and let the water settle. I turned to pump off, and we started the search. Cassie pulled the little catcher for the pump, where all the leaves collect, and started searching through it. It was maybe a minute before I spotted it. I cannot believe we found it so easily!!!

Well...we did not have any goggles OR a net. Mom has some people do her pool cleaning for her, so she didn't have a net of her own. Mom tried diving to get it, as she was the only one in the water without contacts. That offered some comic relief to the situation. Cassie then tried to do it with her eyes closed...attempt failed. Finally Cassie vounteered to run to Wal-Mart to get goggles and a net. Mom sat by the pool and babysat my diamond, while I helped Cailee take care of the 3 kids.


When she returned, it only took a few minutes to rescue the diamond from the bottom of the pool. Now it just needs to be reset in my ring!!




Some more comic relief was Braden's LOVE for the goggles that Cassie returned with. He wanted to wear them for quite some time after we got inside. This boy cracks me up!



The following 2 pictures made me laugh so hard. Braden took this picture of Cassie...
So the next picture I took of him...this is what he did...
So creative :)


Day 7: Tuesday

We lounged around the house, Cassie got her hair cut, and then she, Caleb, and Cailee left for Austin.

Day 8: Wednesday
Adam returned to take me and the kids home...

We had a great time relaxing and spending some quality time with the fam. (Despite the diamond drama!)

8 comments:

Cassie said...

This isn't a surprise...but I LOVE your kids!! They are so stinking cute!! You should do a whole post of the pictures Braden took with the camera...quite the photographer!

I'm so SO glad that I got to experience the "Diamond Drama" with you. You held it together remarkably well and I will never EVER forget Mom's feeble attempts to dive in 4 feet of water to get your diamond after we scooted it into the shallow end...to no avail. She's a hoot!

Cassie said...

And I love that Braden copies me...he loves me the best, I think:)

Unknown said...

Your family always has such fun get-togethers! All of the kiddos are precious, and I am amazed at how big Avery is getting. So cute! I am glad you were able to retrieve your diamond from the bottom of the pool! That sounds like a nightmare!

Shelley said...

That is amazing that you guys found your diamond so quickly. WOW... The video of the hubbies singing is so funny. Wish we had one of the CD'Z.?!?! You guys all have such cute kiddos!!!

Jennifer K said...

What fun times!!! And I am so glad that you found your diamond. Scary!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, I am laughing SO hard at so many things. I love that you got Mark on video singing his lungs out. I love that you bought Rock Band (although I feel very left out of the CD'z band...it's probably best. :) I love those pictures of Braden!!! That boy cracks me up! And, I LOVE that you got your diamond out of a huge pool...I still can't believe that! And, that it happened with no emotional breakdowns or sister fights!! Man, I missed so much by leaving early! (And, why didn't you VIDEO Mom diving?!!! Weren't you thinking about how funny it would be later??)

Love you, sister. I loved this blog. :)

2dayisgood said...

just wanted to say hi. i have now joined the world of bloggers. your kids look adorable as always. miss you. i know you are excited about your job change and i am, too, but it does mean we can't work together and that makes me sad!!
i loved teaching 2nd grade and i know you will, too!!

meandak.com said...

I am still amazed how you didn't freak out over the diamond!!! I loved the video, I can't wait to get our own rock band together!!!

I laughed so hard until I read the "diamond drama" and had to run and call you!!!

see you soon! can't wait to hug Braden and Avery!!
dana