Monday, February 06, 2006

Blessings in Disguise

Where to begin?? Well, I suppose first I should acknowledge the fact that I am a procrastinator(sp?). I put things off to the very last minute, especially when I am unsure of something. I have to begin with this, because this procrastination is what got me into this position in the first place.

Just a couple of months before Braden was born, I FINALLY contacted the school district's daycare center to see if there was room for him. I kept putting this off because of the fear that they would be full (as if that makes any sense at all!!) Well...my fear was in fact reality. There was no room in the inn for my precious baby boy. Everyone in Midlothian just loves the school district's daycare, so I was pretty crushed! I cried at lunch with the other third grade teachers and we racked our brains trying to figure out where he could go.

This is when the blessing part begins. A teacher told me about a lady who lives here in town that had kept another teacher's baby about a year ago. She isn't in the childcare business, but had done this to help the teacher out. Well...I didn't know this lady (Janet) from the man on the moon, but she was highly spoken of. Long story short...we got in touch and she agreed to keep Braden for me.

Okay...what a blessing she has been, even after just the first week!! She is so nurturing and thorough. She lets me know everthing that he does in a day, sometimes e-mailing me 2 or 3 times. She even e-mailed me pictures she found on the internet of DIRTY DIAPERS because we were a little concerned about Braden's being too runny.

But...today takes the cake. When I knocked on the door I could hear her coming. Her voice was filled with excitement through the door. When she opened the door, she was smiling so big and couldn't wait to hold Braden. She asked how our weekend had been and how he was. We talked for a minute, and then she said with a smile, "I bought him a new toy this weekend!" Can you believe it? My babysitter went shopping for Braden!! She couldn't wait to get it out and play with him. I am pretty sure it is a floor activity center (for babies) from what she described. It is so reassuring to know that she is so happy to have him in her home. I know he is getting EXCELLENT care, and it just makes my day a little easier! SO...for once, my procrastination has paid off! I am so thankful for Miss Janet!

No comments: