Friday, April 28, 2006

Braden Boy...

Okay...time is officially flying! I cannot believe that Braden will be 5 months old on Monday! It really seems like such a short time ago when I was posting about going back to work...yet here we are at 5 months. It is crazy!

Of course, I cannot take the cow picture until Monday, so that will come soon. I'll just put some recent pics up until then. Adam thinks this picture will be punishment one day...I don't understand why though :)

At his 4 1/2 month visit (mommy was a little late making the appointment) he weighed a whopping 21 lbs 4 oz and was 27 1/2 inches. Needless to say, this is off the 4 month charts. In fact, he is the average weight of a 10 month old, and the average height of an 8 month old. With a daddy that is 6'4" and 220 (or so)...I think he will be a big boy too! His rolls continue to form in new places...and I just love to kiss them! I think whatever TMJ I had before has been multiplied from the constant teeth grinding I do to keep from squeezing him!! My teeth are literally sore sometimes!

He is eating cereal like it is going out of style! He loves it! He has his mouth open for more as soon as I pick the spoon up out of the bowl. We are going to start squash soon. I bet he will love that too!

He notices everything. Every sound, every movement, everything! He is so alert and aware. I love it!

He LOVES his exersaucer. We were given one as a gift, but Aunt Chelsea let us borrow hers and it has lots of cool toys on it! Adam calls it the monster...but Braden sure does love it!

EVERYTHING goes in the mouth. We think he may be working a tooth up, because he has been super drooly and chews on everything. When we put him in his swing...he leans forward to put the toys on the tray in his mouth. When he is in the exersaucer, the taller toys bend just enough for some good chewing. If we are holding him, apparently our fingers taste better than his own, and if he can't get to our fingers...any shoulder will do! He is a chewer!

He has graduated to a big boy carseat. Of course, he is still rear facing (even though he qualifies by weight for a front facing...he isn't old enough yet!) He loves being higher up in his new seat, and turns his head to look out the window.

It is official... Braden is mobile... sort of! He conquered rolling over on Easter weekend! He had been getting REALLY close for a while, but couldn't quite get that shoulder out of the way. Now, when we lay him down to go to sleep, he flips himself over and cries. We have to go in and turn him back so he can go to sleep...silly boy!

He is giggling, smiling, and talking more and more everyday! I love each month even more than the one before!

6 comments:

hejlyeah said...

He is the cutest thing! Glad to hear all is well with you guys. I didn't realize that Cooper is only about a month older!---Sara Hejl

Ashley said...

I love it when you do posts about him and his milestones. Carley is just a month behind him. It lets me know what to look forward to during the next month.

When I am going to be cool enough for you to post on my blog?

Jennifer K said...

Cortni! It is good to hear from you! Thanks for the advice. I will let you know what we end up doing. Braden is adorable! I would want to squeez him ALL of the time! :)

Cassie said...

Tell Adam those bunny ears make the picture:) He is the most adorable little nephew anyone could ask for...really...that's not even biased!

Anyway...squeeze him a lot for me and tell him to not be too sad because he will see me in a couple of weeks!!

Unknown said...

I love the Braden updates! He is so cute, and I can imagine that you have to refrain from kissing all of those sweet rolls. I noticed the drool on shirt in the exersaucer picture. I can totally relate to the crazy amounts of drool! I get so frustrated when I want Jackson to wear grey because it shows up so well.

Also, about the bunny ears, I feel that it is a mother's right to dress their children up in whatever they want as long as their children cannot verbally object. I actually took a picture of Jackson with the same bunny ears!

Anonymous said...

Cortni - Braden is so cute. I have just found your blog and love catching up on your family. I need to catch you up on all the kids. You need to email me.