Monday, July 31, 2006

GranSunday #3

This past Sunday we celebrated our third GranSunday celebration. For those who missed the original GranSunday post, every last Sunday of the month my dad has us all over for lunch. It has got to be one of the best ideas he ever had (besides the decision to have me!) ha ha Anyhow, it gives us a chance to see each other and catch up!

This GranSunday we had a great turn-out! Of course, Dad and Kay hosted...so they were there. My sister, Chelsea, and her fam, and my sister Cailee. We were sad to not have Cassie and Austin, but I am SO glad they are headed back from Birmingham and will be with us soon!! My grandparents (Dad's parents) joined us...which is always such a blessing! We sat and listened to them tell stories about cats and mice (and we shared our own mouse stories...well...really we shared Cassie's mouse stories!) Kylie and Casey (Kay's kids...well...they are our age, but they are her kids) and our surprise guests...my cousin Brandon and his wife Jennie. I was so excited that they were able to come! This time with family is so wonderful!

PapaRoy brought some peacock feathers from my Aunt Jennifer's farm (she has several peacocks!) Kendyll LOVED them, and came up with a fun game for her and Grandad to play. She put the feathers in a piece of styrofoam, and they played "buy a peacock feather." Sometimes Grandad was the "gardener" and sometimes Kendyll was. I must say, the feathers were a bit pricey ($20 for 4) but she had a great time!



Braden and Carlie napped most of the time, along with some others...not to mention any names (see picture).

Braden also had his 2nd lemonade popcicle made by Grandad. These were apparently a little bit more tart than the first. He gave up on the popcicle after a few licks.

We, as always, had a great time! Thanks Dad and Kay for a terrific GranSunday. Dad...I'm looking for that blog of yours!!

3 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I must have been really out! I didn't know you took that awful picture of me!! :) Thanks for putting it out there for the world to see. I owe you one. (And, I did enjoy that catnap, by the way!)

Cortni said...

Chels...you totally deserved a Sunday nap! I just thought you two looked so cute snuggled up in the big chair together!

LOVE YOU!

Amanda said...

Cortni-
Your GranSundays look like so much fun! How great to have the family all so close by to be able have such fun times together. I am glad you guys are doing well and Braden is about the cutest little guy ever! I love his lemon faces:)