Tuesday, August 01, 2006

8 months...really??

Where did it go?

Braden is doing SO many new things this month. I cannot believe how quickly he is becoming a little boy! Here are 8 new things about Braden...

1. He crawls. He started crawling a couple of weeks ago, and now he is just short of a pro. His crawling is still very...deliberate...but it is definitely crawling!

2. He is pulling up, but only to his knees. He will pull himself up onto his knees and play with his Leap Frog table and his Exersaucer. He will even let go, and just sit there on his knees...like a boy...not a baby. This is what we found when we went to get him out of his bed after nap time the other day. Needless to say...we lowered the bed!

3. He has 3 1/2 teeth. His bottom two are very visible and he flashes the often! One top tooth has completely broken, and the other is about 1/2 way...hence the 3 1/2.

4. He will eat some table foods. I tried a real green bean today, thinking he would like that better than the jarred stuff...no such luck. He just hates them! He has eaten some banana and cheerios.

5. He has mastered the sippy cup. For a long time he would just bite on the top of it, but he finally figured out how to get the juice out!

6. He wants SO badly to clap, but won't do it. He laughs and laughs when I clap, and he will even hold my hands and make mine clap. He opens his hands flat when I make his hands clap, but he won't do it on his own. At church Sunday he stared at the lady next to us while she clapped to the song. He loves clapping.

7. He still does not say "ma ma." I don't know what else to do. I have changed many lyrics of popular childrens songs to "ma ma ma" trying to get some response. Oh well...I guess it will come soon enough.

8. He gives kisses. Big, wet, slobbery ones! I love them!!

Who knew you could love someone like this!?! It is such a different love than I have for Adam, or my family. Not necessarily stronger or weaker...just different...and I love it! He adds so much joy to our lives...and that little cackle of his melts my heart faster than anything! What a wonderful way to spend 8 months!!

7 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

I loved hearing him squeal in the background of our phone conversation yesterday. Pretty soon, I'll be hearing "mommy, mommy" like you hear on my end! He's getting SO big! I'm so proud of him for all his big crawling and knee-pullups! He's going to be athletic just like his daddy. :)

Jennie said...

Hey, Courtni, I started a blog. View it at www.thefinchers.blogspot.com
I also need you help in setting up links. Just send me a quick email if you don't mind and I will email you with the specific questions. thanks.

Norman said...

Cortni, you almost made me cry. I totally know what you mean about the love that makes you want to explode. He will say mommy soon and then you will eventually get sick of hearing it :) See you tonight. --tara

Cassie said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten. I love it!! I hope he is always squeezable.

Anonymous said...

He is soooo adorable Cortni- those cheeks are just too precious!

Carolyn said...

He is so precious, Cortni! I love reading about him and seeing his pictures!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is 8 months old either! Time flies with these little ones. Braden is so precious! I hope he holds on to those cheeks for a while. He will be cruising around your furniture in no time at all!