Saturday, August 19, 2006

What do YOU think??

I had forgotten to blog about the following event, until I saw this picture on Cassie's blog. Let me know what YOU think!!

Last weekend my niece, Carlie, had her 2nd birthday party. She had an "Elmo Makes Music" party, and I was so excited for Braden to wear his new red overalls in honor of Elmo. Randy and Susan Manning (menitoned in the Forever Friends post) gave these to him, and he looked adorable when I got them on him!! Here is a picture of him with my step-mom, Kay, and my step-sis, Kylie.

SO...after the party Adam and I were going to stop and get something to eat. We decided we would go to Fudruckers for a good burger. We walked up to the counter to order, and the two ladies behind the counter immediately started oohing and ahing over Braden. (Wouldn't you!?!)

Then the unthinkable happened...the lady who would be taking our order then said, "Oh my goodness, SHE has the prettiest blue eyes!" WHAT??? SHE??? I mean, how much more boy can this boy be? The lady proceeded to tell the other employee, "Look at HER bright blue eyes...aren't they so pretty?" Adam and I just exchanged glances...what do you say? She then asked, "How old is SHE?" Adam responded very quickly with "HE is 8 1/2 months." The lady then said, "She is adorable." HELLO...did you not hear him emphasize the "HE" part? Adam then told me he can't wear the red overalls again. Whatever...

So...what do you think?

Does Braden look like a girl in red overalls?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you shouldn't have put that bow in his hair :). That is always a dead giveaway!

Cortni said...

I know, Dad...but I am so jealous that Chelsea gets to put bows on her girls, and I don't get to accessorize Braden. Sometimes I just really want a bow, okay!?!

THIS IS JUST A JOKE! NO BOYS WERE HARMED OR FORCED TO WEAR BOWS IN THE MAKING OF THIS BLOG!!

Cassie said...

Cort--I agree...he couldn't look more boy-ey. I still can't believe someone mistook him for a girl. Now Austin as a child...I can see it...but Braden--no!!

Unknown said...

I think Braden looks like a boy not just because of his attire, but because you can just look at him and know he is a boy. I have had Jackson all dressed in blue before and people have still called him a girl. Some people are just plain dumb!

K cubed said...

Absolutely 100% boy. If he were a girl - well let's just say he makes a very cute boy.
I have not been able to post pictures for like 5 days. I can download them but nothing actually happens it just says there downloaded and then no picture. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

lindsey called him a linebacker in the making... I haven't seen any baby look more like a BOY! The red overalls stay!!! (if you have to, maybe a football, or baseball, or fire engine or something "boy" patch on the front would help Adam with the overalls....

Ashley said...

He is so masculine...100% boy

People are so random.

Anonymous said...

He is such an absolute cutie, and definitely looks like a boy! Strangers' comments are so amazing.....

Norman said...

Cortni, he is such a boy it isnt even funny. Next time try stripes underneath and see what happens. We miss yall. Where were you Wednesday night? Did you lose weight? I have so many questions!!!
Tara

Norman said...

cortni,
I started writing things on the message board on weight watchers under Newbies. You will see my name and yours!! Read it and write me. I need you to help me stay accountable. Help!!!