Saturday, September 16, 2006

Friday Night Lights

I love high school football!! There is something so special about players who play because they love to...not because they get paid to...not because they have a scholarship...but because they LOVE the game. There is something special about coaches who coach because they love to...trust me...not for the money...but because they love to see their team succeed!!

With Adam not coaching this season, it left our Friday nights WIDE open. This is the first time since we have been dating that we have wondered..."what will we do on Friday night?" Well, we decided that each Friday night we will pick a game that we want to see. Because we have always been at Adam's games, we have missed out on watching some other really exciting games. We decided we would take advantage of our Friday nights, so watch some high school football...for fun!!!

SO...each Friday we look at who is playing, and where, and pick a game. Last week we went to see Adam's friend, Joey, who coaches for South Oak Cliff. They played Lancaster...my favorite part of the game, personally, was the halftime show. The bands were SO entertaining!!

Last night, I got to pick!! Keller High School, my alma mater, was playing their cross town rival, Fossil Ridge High School, which is Cassie's alma mater. It was a GREAT game! We ended the first half tied up (if I remember correctly), and 3rd quarter was just as close. FRHS took off in the 4th and ended up winning 52 to 31, I think. Anyhow, we very much enjoyed our game!

It also happened to be Keller's homecoming game, which meant standing room only. It was CRAZY and we got there too late to get a seat. SO...we ended up on a grassy hill. This is Braden and Adam sitting in the grass...notice Braden trying to keep his feet up. He didn't like the feel of the grass in his toes, I guess!

We haven't picked our next game, but stay tuned! We plan to see Highland Park play at some point, and Southlake Carrol as well. We might wait until playoffs to see these teams play.

Also...watch for our outing to the Midlothian vs. Waxahachie game. Last year Adam coached the Midlothian Panthers to victory over the Waxahachie Indians...for the first time in 8 years!!! We'll see how they fare this year!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I never knew you graduated from Keller! I knew it was in the metroplex, just not Keller. Do you know how close we probably lived to each other in high school? I grew up in Southlake, so it was crazy close! Funny. I didn't go to Carroll though, but I do like seeing them play on occasion. I just can't figure out how they stay so good! I love the pictures of Braden in the grass. I am glad he didn't try to eat it!

Cassie said...

Go Panthers:) I wish I could have been there...Austin and I have talked about going to a game here...but it isn't the same when you don't know any of the teams!

Braden better get used to grass if he is going to be on the field someday...which I can't wait for:) Love all of you.

Ashley said...

I love HS football too. One of my favorite parts of being the cheerleading sponsor was getting to stand on the sidelines and watch. I can't wait to take Carley to some games!

Cassie said...

I meant Panthers as in FR, not Midlothian:) Boo MHS:)

Cortni said...

Thanks for that clarification, Cass!

Julie...how fun would that be!?! We should plan to see the same game!

Ashley...being a cheerleading coach has totally warped me. Now I can hardly watch the football game, because I am constantly watching and critiquing the cheerleaders!

Kate...I didn't realize you grew up in Southlake! We were neighbors and never knew it!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! I can't wait to take Elise to some games!

Serena said...

You all need to attend a Red Oak game. Jake's brother is QB ya know. :) We haven't made it out yet but plan to. Go HAWKS!