Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Festivities

Warning: This will be a long post. I will try to keep the writing short, and the pictures many.

Last weekend we began the fun! We went to my mom's in Mineola for the first party. My youngest sister,Cailee, was having a party for all of her friends and we went to be chaperones/scarers. They have about 150 acres, and they planned an "Amazing Race" type of scavenger hunt around the ranch. We were the "scary people," though I don't know how scary we actually were. However, we had a great time, and the kids (highschoolers) did too.

This is the barn, where the eating and costume contest took place.

Braden and Gammy at the party...

Here is Cailee (and Elenor) in costume!


We then went to my dad's for GranSunday. The food was delicious as always! Braden had a special treat waiting for him...his first cupcake. Grandad and GranKay had ordered a special mummy cupcake for him, so I decided it would be a good idea for him to start practicing, because he will be ONE exactly one month from today (I can't believe it!) Well...he knew exactly what to do, and wasted no time digging in. Honestly, it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!
Before: Braden's is the mummy in the middle

Can you tell he was excited about this!?

Here he has the ENTIRE cupcake in his hand!

The result: a happy boy...

and an empty plate!

On Halloween night our life group came over to our house for some festivities. We trick-or-treated the street first. It was VERY chilly, but we had lots of fun!

This was the first house we went to. Braden was curious about what was in his pumpkin!

Action Shot: Trick or Treat!

Daddy and Braden trick-or-treating.

We then went back to the house for some food...(finger pizza and jack-o-lantern pizza)

I got the idea from the internet. I also made ghost cookies from Nutter Butters, and "mummy wraps" which were really pigs in a blanket. I cut the biscuits in long strips and wrapped them up. And there would be no party without our famous "Adam Queso." YUMMY!

And finally...some pumpkin carving! We decided to have a pumpkin carving contest...with no patterns allowed! That's right...original designs. We had a GREAT time! We are even putting the winning pumpkin up for vote, so take a look at all the pumpkins on our Life Group Blog and place a vote! I won't tell you which is ours so you won't be swayed :)

Getting started:

Carving away:

To see the finished products...click here!

I'll leave you with some of the cutest Kermit The Frog pictures you will ever see! Enjoy!

Cutest Frog ever!

Now...tell me again...what am I doing in this frog suit?

Family picture: lovin' on mommy!!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Absolutely adorable! I hadn't seen his costume yet...it is SO cute.

Love you (and the little kermit)

mcjacobsjournal said...

I am BEYOND words on this one. How many times can you say "cute, adorable, precious, squeezable, and stinkin' cute"??? I LOVE his Kermit. And, I love his cupcake pictures. I think my favorite of all is the last picture of him hugging your face. Gosh, y'all are so cute!!!! Love you!

leslie said...

His costume is SO cute! I just LOVE his huge smile. Sounds (and looks) like ya'll had a blast with your Halloween festivities! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

He is so squeezable!! I love the costume. The cupcake looks very yummy. It sounds like you did an amazing job being a great hostess.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious frog! And look at you all Martha Stewart with the Finger Pizza. What great pictures. They totally made my day.

I really do need to kiss Braden

Anonymous said...

Braden looks so cute in his costume! I also love the picture where he is hugging your face. So precious!

Your pizzas crack me up! I am totally going to vote for your pumpkin contest!

Amanda said...

Braden was an awfully cute little Kermit, Corni! I love all of the fun stuff that you guys are always doing with the extended family. That is so neat that everyone is so close by and loves each other so much:) I am also very impressed by your pizza. How fun!