Over the past few days this blog has been forming itself in my mind. I don't know exactly where it is going to end, but I figure I will start typing and it will write itself.
Yesterday I was struck with the urge to post about life's changing seasons, but put it off, thinking that would be too deep, or sound too trite, or come across as cheesey. I don't really know why...but I decided against it.
Then, this morning the sermon struck me again. Our church has been focusing on "Fearless Faith" over the last year or so, as we prepare to move from our current building to another near-by town. Lonnie talked about trusting God completely, about God's covenant with Abram to make his decendants as numerous as the stars, and to provide the land He had promised Abram. Lonnie talked about the ins and outs of covenants and trust. I was again moved to blog about life's changing seasons and the Lord's amazing provision.
Never in my life have I felt the truth of God's covenants stronger than I do right now. He has lead me through some tough times over the past several years, but never have I felt it like this.
When I think back just a FEW months ago, I posted about trusting that the Lord would provide for us. I wasn't even sure at the time how much I was...or if I was...truly trusting. I said the words, "The Lord will provide," and wanted to believe them with my whole heart, but truthfully, there was a part of me that wondered. Would we be able to pay our mortgage? Would we need to sell and move? Would there be a job for Adam...either at the Sports Complex or elsewhere? How would this all work out??
The Lord has provided, and I am so thankful. I can now see with confindence that His blessings are new every morning!! His timing has been perfect, and I just have to stand in AWE of that!
This past year has been one of immense change. Some changes we welcomed, while others we fought...but it is so clear now that each change was leading us to this place.
Who knows...our season may change again soon...but the season we are blessed with now is a beautiful one, so we are thankful for life's changing seasons!!
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment