Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Celebrations

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving break...and hope you did too! On Thursday morning we drove to Austin to have a Thanksgiving feast with the Matula side of Adam's family. His Aunt Cindy was the PERFECT host, and everything was beautiful and delicious! Braden loved her baby grand piano...and tried to play a little something for everyone. I must say, Braden's cousin Meredith did the best playing of all. She is in 5th grade and plays beautifully!!


Here are Braden and Molly playing in the floor. Molly was born 20 days after Braden. Is she not the most squeezably cute little girl you have seen!?!
Thursday night we stayed in Austin with Adam's brother, Josh, and Adam went to the UT/A&M game on Friday with his brother. I spent the day shopping at the new Round Rock outlets with my sister. We had a good time, minus the rude encounter with the girl working the dressing rooms at BCBG, but all in all, a good day. Adam's day could have been better had the RIGHT team won (ha ha Norman) but he still had a great time tailgating with family and watching the Horns.
Friday afternoon we headed to Hallettsville for the weekend. Braden had so much fun with everyone. It is so much fun now that he is able to interact a little more with his cousins and aunts/uncles.

Uncle Jed taught him a thing or two about old trucks...
Grandpa taught him how to swing...and the importance of holding on tight!
This picture was right before Braden decided to let go of the swing...he wasn't smiling then :(

Braden decided that chickens are neater the further away you are... I decided that "deer" hunting is not fun...unless you actually see deer. I was so excited to see 15 turkeys...so I took their picture.

Adam learned that ingrown toenails are painful...

and painfully removed.

But it is very convenient to have a podiatrist for a cousin! Thanks Jeff! He did a little "improptu" toe surgery...with an audience! Good work, Dr. Henke!

We enjoyed our FIRST lighting parade in Hallettsville. The square is always BEAUTIFUL, and we were glad to get to be a part of the festivities this year!

Braden was very into the parade. He even waved at the people on the floats.

These are Braden's 1st cousins on the Henke side.

We had a great weekend in Hallettsville! I will be back in a couple of days with some REALLY cute Braden pictures from our GranSunday celebration today. I mean...really cute! For tonight, I am calling it quits, though. Plus...I can't believe Blogger let me put this many pictures on ONE blog...I am not going to test fate!! Hope your turkey day was happy and fulfilling (or at least filling!) I know mine was!!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

I love the pictures...my favorite is Adam's cousin wearing latex gloves even though they're related:) I guess you can't shake the doctor from them no matter what!

Braden's still cute...maybe even cuter...I can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!

Love you.

mcjacobsjournal said...

You have got to blow up that picture of Braden swinging with a big smile. TOO CUTE! I'm so glad y'all had such a great week for Thanksgiving. I know the Henke family LOVED having you guys there for all the festivities. We're looking forward to the big party next weekend for your BIG BOY!!! Love y'all.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had fun over Thanksgiving! I absolutely love the picture of Braden swinging. You definitely need to frame that one! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!

I think Blogger is experiencing some holiday spirit because I was able to post a lot of pictures when I posted last also!

Anonymous said...

Braden is adorable. I love seeing all of the pictures!

Norman said...

Oh, you are mistaken. The RIGHT team won...

12-7!

Gig 'Em!

WHOOP!