Monday, March 26, 2007

Angels Watching Over Me

Tonight this oldie but goodie by Amy Grant is stuck in my head.

God only knows the times my life was threatened just today.
A reckless car ran out of gas before it ran my way.
Near misses all around me, accidents unknown,
Though I never see with human eyes the hands that lead me home.

But I know they're all around me all day and through the night.
When the enemy is closing in, I know sometimes they fight
To keep my fight from falling, I'll never turn away.
If you're asking what's protecting me then you're gonna hear me say:

Got his angels watching over me, every move I make,
Angles watching over me!
Angels watching over me, every step I take,
Angels watching over me....

However, today the wreckless car didn't run out of gas. I got a phone call around 4:00 this afternoon from Ms. Janet, Braden's babysitter. She keeps him late on Mondays so I can stay and make lesson plans for the following week. On her way to pick her own children up from school, a wreckless teenager managed to hit her head on in an intersection just a couple miles from her house.

She was pretty frazzled when she called, but quickly assured me that everyone, including Braden, was fine...just shaken. I could hear him crying in the background which was somehow a relief.

I drove to the wreck to pick him up. When I turned the corner and saw the firetruck and ambulance...it really hit me. Today could have been catastrophic in my world. I am so thankful for the Angels who were in that car today and for our God who had His protective hand on them. Though I never see with human eyes those hands...I am so so so thankful to know they were there today!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that your little man and Ms. Janet are safe!! What a scary phone call! I'm glad everything is alright.

Unknown said...

I can't even begin to imagine how scared you and Ms. Janet must have been! Praise God that everyone is okay! I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Love you!

Cassie said...

Sweet Braden! I'm so glad everyone is okay...what a relief you must of felt to hold him:)

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting in class with tears in my eyes. How every emotion possible must have been running through you. Hugs to everyone! God bless!!!!


Sally

erinlo said...

Oh my goodness! I got chills reading your post. I am so so glad that your little boy is safe!!!

Your post caught my eye because I used to have the back up track to that song and sang to it over and over again and pretended I was cool like Amy Grant.

leslie said...

Oh my goodness Cortni - I'm just reading this. I'm SO glad that everything turned out okay. I love that song - and it's so appropriate to this. I love ya'll!

Ashley said...

Praise God that he is safe! WHAT A BLESSING!

hejlyeah said...

I'm SO glad everything's okay! My heart sank, and I just can't imagine how scared you were! Praise God!

Julie said...

Thank God that he surrounds us with his angels. Whew.