It seems like it was just yesterday that the 2:45 bell rang and my week of freedom began. How quickly the fun has come to an end...and it is time to return to the "bump and grind" of a new week at work. Sadness. In all seriousness, this is one of the big perks of my occupation...and Braden and I took full advantage of our days off. This week we got to sleep in, visit family, play, take naps, and just enjoy our time together. It was so much fun!! Here's a little insight into our week...
In the previous post I gave you the weekend through Wednesday update. Let me tell you...we crammed a few extra days into Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Thursday: Well...okay...this wasn't one of the days we crammed extra into. We took this day to lounge and play. That is all we did ALL day. It was great!!
Friday: Friday we got up and got ready and headed to Chelsea's. We went and enjoyed YUMMY Schlotzsky's with Chels and Abby Kate. When we got back to her house, Kendyll and Carlie had returned from their lunch outing with Pops and Grandma (Mark's parents) and Uncle Chris...so I took the girls and Braden to the neighborhood playground. It was so much fun to get to watch them play together. He is getting old enough to really try to interact...so that is fun to see!
Kendyll pulled Carlie and Braden to the playground...until they got too heavy.

Braden spent a lot of time watching his big cousins...


But he much preferred to just watch and not join in.

How do they learn to early the "wrong" way up?? We spend weeks teaching 3rd graders..."Do not go UP the slide!" I will go ahead and apologize to his 3rd grade teachers now!
Both of the big cousins pulled Braden home.
Both of the big cousins pulled Braden home.
After the park, we laid the kids down for naps and Chels and I went to Mardel for some quick shopping. I got some cute books for Braden's Easter presents...and the new Nichole Nordeman CD. We decided not to attempt the Arboretum that day. As you can see from the long sleeves at the park, it was too cool to spend the day outside.
Saturday: Saturday was Dad and Kay's anniversary...so I called them to say happy anniversary and to see if they had lunch plans. We ended up meeting at Macaroni Grill (yummy!) for lunch.
Braden was very excited about our lunch plans!
Grandad and Braden were chillin' on a rock...
...when along came a lady bug. 
Grandad and Braden were chillin' on a rock...
...when along came a lady bug. 
After lunch I kidnapped my baby sister, Cailee, so we could go do some prom dress shopping. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?! She is going to her first prom this year! I had seen a dress that I really liked last week...and she had seen one online that she liked...so we went to the mall to check out some dresses.
Here she is in her new prom dress! (It is the one I saw last week.)

After we found the dress we started discussing shoes and jewelry. I told her that she should wear some fun earrings and not a necklace since there is beading at the top of the dress. She was quick to remind me that she didn't have her ears pierced right now (they had grown together a while back.) I decided I could remedy that and we would stop by Claire's to get them re-done. WELL...stupid Claire's has a rule that anyone under 18 has to be with a parent. COME ON! It isn't like I am one of her 16 year old friends. She had obviously had them pierced before (as you can see the holes) but the assistant manager was insistent that we should come back with our mom. (What am I...12??) SO...what did we do? Well, after a quick pout...we went to Dad's and asked if he would go back with us.
The girl doing ear piercings took about 30 minutes to pierce the girl's ears in front of us...so Kylie decided to model some of the fashionable gloves while we waited...
Here is Dad signing the paper I COULD have signed a few hours earlier!
She was ready to go...
And look at what a BRAVE girl she was!! (Isn't she beautiful!)
SO...with that...Spring Break 07 comes to an end. Today we are cleaning, mowing, and blogging of course! Adam is a little irritated with my blogging break...so I guess I should go clean something. Back to real life :(




4 comments:
I LOVE Cailee's dress and am a little sad that you got to help her shop for it:) AND she looks so old...and beautiful. I can't believe that she'll be 17 soon! Crazy.
Braden looks like such a little man. I love his long sleeve shirt under the short sleeve button up and I love his camo...oh yeah, I picked that out:)
I'm glad to see you fit so much into your last few days. Only a few more weeks until Easter break:) And then school's practically done...
I am dreading the alarm clock tomorrow....DREADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What fun sister time!
It looks like you guys had a great Spring Break! I bet it was so fun picking out prom dresses...i get excited about my future with two girls... and then I get completely freaked as I think about life with two girls! Braden, as always, ADORABLE!!!!
It looks like you all had a blast! Chelsea's girls are adorable! Braden is still squeezable! :)
Post a Comment