I would have posted these sooner, but I have been busy loving on this sweet little girl!! Abby Kate was born Wednesday afternoon, February 28th, weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces. She is absolutely perfect!!Braden and I drove up to the hospital on Wednesday night, but our timing was bad! We got there right as they were taking little AK to the nursery...so we kept Chelsea company for a while. Braden was getting tired and couldn't wait any longer, so we didn't get to really meet her until Thursday.
I was very interested to see what Braden would think of a little baby. He hasn't really been around any this tiny. When we got to the hospital, he was exploring while we all ate. He walked up to the hospital bassinet and looked up. All he could see through the clear side was her tiny little hand. He reached his hand up and touched the glass where her hand was. It was too cute...but sadly we were too slow and missed the photo opp.
Here are some pictures of him meeting her in person. He wanted to touch her and pat her. It was really sweet. He knew she was something he was supposed to be gentle with (sort of) and love on.




On Saturday we got to spend the day at Chelsea's house with some family. Austin and Cassie were in, and Mom was staying with Chels for a few days, so we all hung out for a while. It is always so refreshing to have some sister time(but we really missed you Cailee!!)
We are SO excited that Abby Kate is finally here and cannot wait to watch her grow! I am eager to see the friendships our children will have as they grow up together!!




5 comments:
You got some sweet pictures! I only took 1 on my camera...because I was busy taking a lot on Chels' I guess.
I love Braden's camo...and I think he is going to be the best little cousin to Abby Kate:) It was good seeing you...can't wait to do it again.
Oh...and Dad goes out of town the weekend before the 31st.
Congrats to your sister and her family. Abby is beautiful. Braden looked so sweet with her. Can't wait to see you all this weekend.
Love
Sally
Being an aunt is the best! Pure joy!
How exciting!! I love that you are your sisters are so close. What fun all of the cousins will have through the years!
She is the cutest! Congrats to you and your family! And I think I have that brown shirt you're wearing - great taste!
Post a Comment