This year was no exception. Two of his cousins (Chris and Brian) and his brother, Josh, and his sister, Sally came to join in on the Texas OU and State Fair fun. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't wanting to cooperate, but we had fun just the same!
We spent the morning in a sea of burnt orange and red, trying to enjoy the state fair. Word to the wise....don't go to the State Fair on Texas OU game, unless a) you really really love large crowds or b) you have tickets to the game. It was super crowded. We managed to get over to the dog show and the petting zoo, and then all was right with the world!

Braden says "Cheeeeeeese"
The petting zoo is quite impressive. They have many animals that you wouldn't normally get to see so closely...so I always enjoy it! Braden had some mixed feelings. He liked looking at the animals, but not if they were too close to him. The giraffe kept good distance.
Here he is chatting with a small deer of some sort. I guess it was small enough to be friends with.
A quick glance at the ostrich...he wasn't that impressed. (See the egg just behind the ostrich? I thought that was cool...Braden didn't care.)
We bought a cup of animal food, which Braden wasn't too sure about. He only fed a couple of the animals.
One of which was this goat, which seemed drugged up or half asleep. It didn't open its eyes the whole time it was eating.
And then there was this black wooly character.
After our day of fair fun, Adam, Josh, Chris and Brian headed to the game, and Sally, Braden and I headed home for a football watching nap. Man do I love a football nap!!
Until next year...




3 comments:
I love Braden's little jersey...too cute:) Hard to believe you'll have 2 this time next year!! Of course, Avery will be wearing a cheerleading outfit instead of a jersey:) But she'll be SO cute, too!!
Yeah, I made the blog! Thanks again for the great weekend. Please send me the Braden and Aunt Sally pics!
I totally thought I had commented on this blog entry....but it's not here. Maybe I just did it in my head?? Anyway, it is precious, as ALWAYS!
And, now, I need new Braden pics. Update, please. :)
Love you!!
Post a Comment