Okay...here is our latest in a nutshell. Prepare yourself for a RANDOM blog!!
Randomness: My sister, Chelsea, tagged me for the "Eight Random Things" bit that has been floating around. I am not sure if I have 8, but here are the ones I have come up with.
1. I am a bit OCD about "coordinating" with Adam (and now Braden too.) I didn't realize how badly it bothered me until today. I actually had a bit of anxiety about it. We were headed out to go shopping and Adam had on a Red/White striped shirt and jeans. I had on a maroon shirt and jeans...and Adam put Braden in a bright orange, white, and brown striped shirt. You cannot picture how "not coordinating" we were. I actually had Adam change into a solid brown shirt so we would look better. Do I need help for this??
2. I remember EVERYTHING...sometimes to a fault. I have the memory of an elephant. I can remember what I was wearing, what you were wearing, exactly what you said...I am telling you...it is crazy. Chelsea will often laugh because I have her childhood memories for her. She doesn't remember much from our childhood...and I can't forget anything.
3. Because of #2, I tell VERY long stories. If you know me well...you know exactly what I mean. I like to include ALL the details (so you can remember it as well as I do) and often get caught up on the little details. For instance, if I am trying to remember which day something happened...I will actually side track from the story itself to remember exactly when it was. The funny thing is...I will usually say, "Whatever...it doesn't even matter," only to continue trying to think of exactly what day it was before I can continue the story. If you ask me to tell you a story...get comfortable!
4. I love naps. I was referred to as "LB" in my family growing up...which stood for "Lazy Butt." I am not sure that is something I want everyone to know about me...but there it is.
5. I am not a high stress person. My sisters make to do lists...I don't. I am a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of girl.
6. I am not the cleanest person. Adam is actually much cleaner than I am. It isn't that I am dirty as much as I don't really mind things not being in their place. My dresser is the best place to find a missing piece of clothing (which bothers the HECK out of my sweet husband!) My mom will appreciate that Adam often says, "It is only a few more steps to the closet." I can't tell you how many times I heard that growing up!
7. I am a sucker for anything with 4 legs. I always have been...always will be.
Okay...I can't think of an 8 right now. Plus...there is other stuff to move on to...
Camo Shower: Last weekend we had a wedding shower for Adam's cousin and his fiance. They both love hunting, so we all worn camo to the shower. It was so cute. The best part was that the wedding party was escorted in IN STYLE!! Take a look...
Braden was so excited about the horse. He ran to the fence to wait for them, and once we put him on the horse with Raymond, he would not get off.
Then it was the kids' turn. Don't you love the drivers' seats...this is one high class wagon!!
MY BIG BOY: Well...I made you wait this long for a very exciting announcement. Braden has made the move to a BIG BOY BED!! We set his twin trundle bed up on Wednesday night. We didn't get it finished until about 8:00, which is his bedtime. We left the crib in his room, so we could transition him from it to the big bed. We weren't sure if he would want to sleep in it or not, so we asked. He quickly climbed up to the top of his new bed...so the big boy bed it was.
He did AWESOME! He has now slept in it 3 nights (4 counting tonight) and one nap. He hasn't gotten out of it yet...and he even slept until 8:30 this morning (which is his usual Saturday morning wake-time.) It was SO funny...this morning when we woke up, he knocked on the wall to let us know he was awake. He didn't climb out until Adam and I both went in to get him up.
Here are a few pictures from the FIRST morning he woke up in his big boy bed.
Snoozing away...
"Mom...why are you taking pictures of me in the morning?"
And finally...My PROUD boy!




6 comments:
We have been debating whether Carley is old enough for a big girl bed. I guess they are growing up for sure
So much to say about this blog...like I LOVE Braden's feeties. I just want to squeeze him! I also loved your list...I get anal about Austin and I "clashing" too...probably not as bad as you:) But I'm glad to see some OCD in you!
I also loved the covered wagon...why do the Henke's have all the fun?? I've told you this many times...but I couldn't have hand picked a better "in law" family for you! But maybe, would they temporarily adopt me as a daughter:)
Cassie and I have very similar thoughts!! The pj's are awesome and everytime I see the pics of him, I miss you guys, and I just want to squeeze him! So, adorable. Let him know that Aunt Sally is very proud of him. Your list cracked me up. I haven't been tagged by that one yet. Also, I would have no problem adopting one more and I'm sure no one would even notice an extra so, Cassie come on over any time. Oh, and if Courtni hadn't filled you in, I like to speak for the group. I'm bossy like that :).
Wow, what a big boy! I haven't even purchased a big boy bed for Jackson yet; however, I don't have an impending arrival like you do! The pictures of Braden are so cute. I especially like the last one.
In regards to your list, I remember posing for pictures with Nadia's dog with you because we both loved "Fatty" so much. I am a sucker for dogs!
ok Cortni! I think working side by side with you 3 years now, I know most of these things about you on your list! BUT... you do have a pretty clean classroom, I love your stories and we do love to match here at school. I LOVE the cutie Braden pics, the smiley one is on my desktop!
CORTNI!!!!!!
Sorry!
Brain fart on my part!
Post a Comment