We had a "ROAAAAR"ing good time at our first Creekside Carnival in our new church building. They had 2 jump houses, a rock climbing wall, trunk or treaters, food (of course), and many games for the kids. Braden was completely overwhelmed at first, and was being a bit of a "cowardly lion," but once he warmed up he had a blast! Shortly after we arrived we ran into our friends, the Halls. Here is Braden checking out Jaxson's cool dragon costume. I really think he is thinking, "Jaxson...why do they do this to us??"

We attempted a Life Group kids picture. I must say, the picture from last year was much more successful...when most of the kids couldn't walk. As you can see, Braden was not interested in staying put for a picture when there was so much going on all around us. He was ready to "trunk or treat!"

He was so funny "trunk or treating." He would take ONE piece from each trunk, and move on to the next.

Then we headed inside for some games. He had so much fun trying out all the games and picking out prizes. He paid no attention to the labels on the prize trunks. He went for the prize that looked like the most fun to him, regardless of how many tries it took him to finish the game. Well...I guess technically he did finish the games pretty quickly...considering he cheated!
"Putt Putt is so much easier if you play it this way!"
"Oh...was this called the Ring Toss?"
"Is there a rule about walking down the bowling lane?"
"Why are these lines taped on the ground?"

"Let's see...which pumpkin gives me the best prize?"

So, we might have to work with him on playing the games correctly...but for this year he had fun making up his own rules! Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!
And for a walk down memory lane...here is our little Kermit the Frog from last year.

And the before mentioned "easier life group picture." This was only a few...but they sure were still!!





3 comments:
Such a cute little lion! I like that he made up his own rules. I think the golf game and the ring toss would be kind of hard for a little guy. Jackson made up a few of his own rules also. Good to know Braden got lots of prizes anyway! Hope he didn't eat too many sweets!
And you were right, Jackson picked his own lovely Buzz Lightyear costume.
How cute!! Nice job on being such a speedy blogger. He looks like such a little man compared to last year.
I was laughing so hard at the picture of him and Jaxson where you said they were asking each other "Why do we let them do this to us?" That is SO TRUE!!! So funny. :)
I love his costume and I'm so glad that he ended up wearing it after all! Glad y'all had a Happy Halloween. Can't WAIT to see next year's pic with a sweet baby girl on your hip! Love you.
Post a Comment