SERIOUSLY. YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Those are the words that began a comment recently left on my sister's blogs. Are you serious? I am not normally at a loss for words...but for once...I have nothing nice to say.
I, like many of you, were taught "If you have nothing nice to say...say nothing at all." Well...apparently "KELLY" didn't learn this lesson growing up, so I need to give a quick blog etiquette lesson and I will be done.
Lesson #1
When reading someone's blog, if you are not liking what you are reading...STOP!! No one is forcing you to read what we have written...so please don't feel obliged.
Lesson #2
It is impolite to judge other people...but not only is it impolite...it is wrong!!! Judge others, and you too shall be judged. Does that ring a bell?? Well...maybe one day it will be clear.
Lesson #3
Do not compare yourself to others. I am so thankful to have been taught this lesson from a very early age by my parents. Apparently "KELLY" was not taught the same. I would have NEVER thought of the idea to make an authentic pilgrim feast for my children. I would have NEVER taken the time or effort it would take to prepare this feast. However...how cool for the kids in that family to have that memory! That is definitely something I would have never forgotten, had we done it when I was growing up. But back to comparing...because I didn't have the feast...I don't consider myself any less of a mother. Braden thinks I am an AWESOME mommy for the things I do. That is all I need!!
Lesson #4
Never underestimate the power of written and spoken word. It is powerful...and cannot be taken back. You, "KELLY," should have read your comment, realized its power, and deleted it before anyone was able to read the ugliness that it was.
Lesson #5
My blog is my space...your blog is your space. If I would like to tell stories, ask for prayers, complain about my day, vent about rude people who comment on blogs, or Heaven forbid...brag on my completely adorable 2 year old son...I have that right. I can say whatever the heck I want to...because my blog is my space. If you would like to do the same, create a blog and have fun!!
Lesson #6
Don't mess with my sisters. It makes me really unhappy.
I know that this blog only opens the door for someone to comment something rude or ridiculous...just as they did to my sister. That's fine. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




18 comments:
That is absolutely horrible! I'm glad you are standing up for your sisters and saying what you feel. Hopefully someone will learn a lesson here.
Awww..."kelly" didn't know who he/she was messing with when they left me their comment. You better watch out when you mess with someone who has a sister like Cortni!!!!
Thank you, sister, not only for being brave enough to speak up on your blog for me, but also for the incredible love and support you give me every single day. You have no idea what your encouragement means to me. I am so blessed by my amazing family.
And, you are the BEST defender I could ever have!! Love you so much. :)
Hey Cortni, this is Tracey (Harper). I have been quietly reading your blog, Chelsea's blog, and Cassie's blog for quite some time. I met Chelsea at Prestoncrest almost a year ago when she was prego w/ Abby Kate when we moved back to the area. We decided to make our church home closer to our home, so I don't keep up w/ the Prestoncrest gals anymore, but have admired them from afar through blogland. I don't know Cassie, but read through the links on your blog. Anyhow, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the posts and think that you have the neatest family! I hate that I can't read their blogs anymore!! Thanks for posting this, and I'd stand up for my sister in a heartbeat, too!!
Good thought, Cortni! Occasionally, I would look at your sister's blog, and I saw her post on the Thanksgiving feast. It looked like fun to me! I, personally, like reading all of her ideas as they give me ideas of things I can do with Jackson in the future. Why on earth would anyone be mean to her? I am glad you are standing up for your sister! Also, I welcome any bragging you have to do on your son because he truly is completely adorable!
how awful. you have no idea who i am, and i have never met you before, but i occasionally read your and chelsea's blogs through other people's blogs. i did see her blog about the feast and i thought it was a neat idea and i often saw your sister's blog as one to get great ideas from... she seems like such a terrific mom! and you seem like a terrific sister. :) i'm sorry that i can't read it anymore, and it's such a shame that there are people out there that ruin the blog experience for all of us. anyway, sorry for barging in on you, i just wanted to "introduce" myself. :)
Cortni...I worked with Kylie for about a year and half (and I'm sure she would defend Chelsea as much as you have!), and I just wanted to let you know how amazing it is to see such a tight bond between all you girls. I know I'm completely random (although I was at Kylie's graduation party for a split second when you guys were there), but I loved being able to keep up with you guys, both through Kylie and through your blogs. I was very sad to see that I can't enjoy that anymore because of some mean person. Keep standing up for each other, because family is what life is all about! Congrats on the coming baby and Braden is ADORABLE :).
-Tammy
Sisters are the best... and I love that you are out there defending one of my favorite people ever. Though I will miss reading her blog... one of the reasons I love Chelsea the most is that she puts her family first- this is a perfect example.
Cortni,
Well put and enough said. Words are powerful and anyone who doesn't take the time to realize this is an idiot. Tell Chelsea and Cassie they need to invite into their blog so I can keep up with what is going on in their lives...expecially with Caleb on the way.
Hi Courtni - it's Jamie McCurry (from Midtown) - remember me? Long time, no talk!
I'm sure you had no idea I was even reading your blog, but I've been reading yours, as well as Chelsea and Cassie's blogs for the past several months and enjoy them all so much. I'm so sorry that someone said something so horrible and demeaning to Chelsea - she is truly an awesome mom and whoever said those things was probably just jealous. :) I'm also sorry that it took something like this for me to come out from "lurking" and say hi to you all.
I'm sad I won't be able to read Chelsea and Cassie's blogs anymore - I have really enjoyed keeping up with you all and your growing families.
Good luck to you with your sweet new baby on the way. Good luck also to Cassie with baby Caleb - I was really looking forward to seeing pics in a few weeks! Please say hello to Chelsea for me.
- Jamie
Hi Cortni, I don't know if you remember me from ACU, or Iron Springs (this is Tiffany Browder), but I too have been quitetly reading yours and your sisters blogs for quite a while now. I am so sorry someone said something so rude to Chelsea. I saw the Thanksgiving feast post and thought it was so fun she was so creative to think of that to do with her family! She is definately a great mom to do something so special. And Cassie's nursery looks great too! I will miss reading their posts and seeing pictures of their family! I always remember your family from camp and thinking how fun it would be to have so many sisters! Anyway, good for you for standing up for her and defending her!
Cortni~
You have no idea who I am either. I stumbled upon Chelsea's blog from a high school friend of mine who went to ACU with Chelsea. Anyhow, I have been a quiet reader of all three of you (you, Chelsea, and Cassie), and I have LOVED reading about the way all three of you live out your lives while constantly looking toward Christ. Great encouragement to us all! I think I have seen this alleged "Kelly" attack other Christians. For example, I have seen Kelly's comments about the most amazing story of Eliot Hartman (http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons
if you haven't seen this story, it's powerful!). I am sorry to now miss out on all of your blogs due to the mean spirit of someone else. Too, I am an elementary school librarian and was hoping to order the book that Chelsea used at Thanksgiving with her girls. Do you mind posting the name of it? Blessings and smiles!
The link to Eliot Hartman got cut off. After 570, there should be:
/99-Balloons
Enjoy!
Hey girl,
Way to stick up for your sister! Who is this kelly girl? She sounds horrible! I'm glad there are peeps like you out on the internet protecting us from evil. Anyway, I'm glad y'all are doing so well, I hope you have a great week!
Wow! A lot has been happening! I am sorry that one girl ruined it for your sisters. I loved reading Chelsea's blog--she is the most creative and inventive mother! Her ideas were amazing! I only hope to be as creative as she is. She needs to write a book!
Way to stick up for your sisters. Like everyone else has said, the relationship that you girls have is so neat. I wish I had sisters!
WOW... WAY TO GO CORTNI! I hate that this "Kelly" has ruined it for all of us. I loved reading about Chelsea's girls and the awesome things they do each day... and seeing pics of you and sweet Braden. I wish I had a sister! You girls have such a great bond. I pray that my girls have the same love and connection with each other as they grow into young women. Take care...
I am glad I am your big sister in club because I know you would have my back!
Hope all is well with you and your sisters. I have missed you!
Wow! What an ordeal! I was wondering why Chelsea's blog suddenly went private (by the way, I knew Chelsea at ACU and loved her blog and sometimes hopped over here to your blog as well). Sounds like this "Kelly" character is stuck in middle school drama. I hope Chelsea has kept a positive attitude and didn't let one person's mean spirit bring her down!
I don't know you Cortni, but I found your blog through Cassie's...I used to read Chelsea's too until she went private (I found hers through my cousin Stacey Losher). I'm sure this post was why!
I had a post similar to yours last year when I got furious at someone leaving a mean comment on my friend's blog. It makes me so mad that people think they have the right to tear other people down just because they have the safety of distance/anonymity through the computer. Hopefully some day people will learn how to be nice.
Post a Comment