
For the sake of remembering...
*Avery is mobile!! No, she doesn't crawl...but she scoots. When she is laying on her back she will dig in with her feet and push herself all over the place. The other day I was cooking dinner and she started screaming. I ran to the living room to see what was wrong, and she had scooted over to the coffee table and had her head pressed up against it. Poor thing had an indention line down her forehead from pushing into it so hard.
*She is getting more rolls by the day. I LOVE IT!! Her best ones are at the top of her thighs...visible only during a diaper change. OH MY! I just want to squeeze!
*As of Saturday night, she is sleeping in her big girl crib. Avery stayed with a friend this when we went to the Ranger game. We took her pack-and-play (which doubled as her bassinet). When we returned home, we decided to leave it packed up, and try out her bed. :( I miss having her in my room...but she is sleeping all night...so I guess she should be in there.
*She loves to stand. When we sit her in our laps, many times she would rather stand up than sit down. SO...I tried putting her in her Jumperoo...and she LOVES it! Her little feet just move and move, like she is running in place.
*Little Miss Avery has mastered the art of rolling! She LOVES being on her tummy, and gets there as quickly as she can!
*She has the sweetest little voice. I love to listen to her "talk" to us. Ms. Janet said she was even trying to sing with her today. Sweet.
*She loves her big brother! Anytime Braden is near, she will just stare at him. Okay...maybe she knows that if she takes her eyes off of him for one second, he might smother her by surprise...but I choose to believe it is because she loves him SO much :)
*She reaches for toys...with her hands and feet! She will reach out and grab toys, but she will also put her feet up in the air and kick the toys that hang from her Baby Einstein mat.

I can hardly believe she is already 3 and a half months. I know that doesn't sound very old to you...but it does to her Mommy!! How can she be growing up so fast? I think it has gone even faster with her than it did with Braden.
I had this epiphany a couple of weeks ago. This may sound silly to you...but I was watching Braden and Avery...and thought "I will never have this time again. They will never be this age again." Okay...I guess we all know that is true, but it struck me that day for some reason. I am trying to enjoy each day with them, and soak up their little personalities and "tricks" and Braden's sweet hugs and kisses, even more now. It makes me sad to think of Braden starting school one day, or graduating school one day...or even worse...getting married. :)
I will never get to come back to this Braden or this Avery, so I want to relish in these moments I have now with my sweet babies!




7 comments:
Wow she is growing so fast! I can't wait to spend more time with you and the kids this summer.
Monica
Wow she is growing so fast! I can't wait to spend more time with you and the kids this summer.
Monica
sweet baby girl! I can't believe how big she is...we can't wait to live close and get to see all of those fun things in person!! Love you and loved our talkfest tonight:)
Cortni- You have such cute kids. Good to kep up with you through your blog.
-Hayley(Jennings)Eoff
That girl needs to SLOW DOWN!!! I cant' believe she is already doing all of that! She is SOOO squeezably cute and I love seeing her little personality.
(By the way, Avery's above-average mobility reminds me of a certain fiesty little third child we have at our house...who couldn't be contained in anything by 6 months. :) I hope you get a little longer in that jumparoo than we did!)
she is just precious!! you have a beautiful family!
Avery is so cute, and although I never commented on it in your earlier blog, she and Braden definitely look a whole lot alike! Hope you have a great end of the school year and love being home with your babies this summer!
Post a Comment