Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

We have been celebrating Mother's Day all week long! How lucky am I?? Adam told me that since we weren't planning anything "big," he would do a lot of little things all week. I think I enjoyed that even more!

Monday:
No school for me!! We had a work day...but no kiddos. That counts as a day off!

Tuesday:
*I really had no school. We had Tuesday off (inclement weather day) and I got to spend all day with my 2 favorite little ones!!

*Adam ended my day with an awesome back massage!!!

Wednesday:
Adam surprised me with Starbucks coffee and a muffin at school. I was at my desk, on my computer taking attendance. My back was to the door, so I didn't see him walk in. I heard one of my kids say something about Mr. Henke, and I thought..."Why are they talking about Mr. Henke." I looked up and there he was with Starbucks!

Thursday:
Adam brought me donuts and a Starbucks mocha frapaccino (the bottled kind). I had an ARD meeting, so he left it on my desk with a sweet note.

Friday:
*Friday morning I got biscuits and gravy from Whataburger...one of my favorites!!

*Friday afternoon we left for Mineola to go see Cailee D in her LAST high school One Act Play! They did "Cinderella Waltz"...and it was one of the cutest plays I have ever seen! Cailee did such a great job! I am not biased at all...but she was the best actress on stage!



Does the shoe fit??

The "ditsy" step-sister


Avery at her first play!!

Drama Mamas :)


Saturday:
We got to sleep in a little, and then headed home so Adam could get some yard work done before the Ranger's game that night. Our friends, Norman and Tara, had some tickets that Tara had gotten from work. They were on Rows 1 and 2, just behind first base! I love being that close! We almost got a foul ball...but it landed 2 rows behind us. If you were watching the game on TV, maybe you saw me. I was the one with my head between my knees...in the "duck and cover" position! Scared. Me. To. Death.


Daddy and Braden "The Horsey:" Braden kept calling for the "horsey" all night...and finally we got to see him!
A view from our seats...
The ride home...



Sunday:
Mom and Cailee came in to go to church and lunch with us. After church we called Outback (my favorite!). It was about 12:00 when we called, and the soonest we could eat there was 3:30 or 4:00...so we went with On The Border.

My babies :)

When we got home, we all took naps, except for my sweetest husband...who did laundry and cleaned while we all napped.

What a great Mother's Day week! I have felt so special and loved. I am blessed with 2 amazingingly precious kids who make motherhood seem easy. Having Adam to share this parenting journey with makes each day that much more special! On KLTY one morning a caller said her mother always told her, "When you share the bad times in life, they're only half as bad. When you share the good times, they're twice as good." This couldn't be more true...and I am so thankful that Adam will be there to share both!

Braden's Point of View

Braden has been wanting to take pictures anytime he sees me with the camera. Here are some of his from the Ranger game and Mother's Day...

Tara and Jaxson Upside down and sideways Mommy
A view from Braden's seat
Mommy and Avery



And now I will leave you with a message from Mr. Braden. This is for all of you mommas out there...but especially for Grandmother, MawMaw, Gammy, Grandma, GrandKay, Aunt Chelsea, Aunt Cassie, Aunt Angela, and Aunt Veronica! We love yall!

2 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, I'm such the lame sister for not having a cute mother's day message on my blog for the fam!! That was TOO CUTE!!!! :)

Sounds like a GREAT week at the Henke house! Go Adam! I'm so sad that I missed Cailee's cute play. I'm hoping Mom can find a video copy of it...but I'm glad you were there to represent the sisters!

And, I'm glad to see you wore your cute shiny shirt...it looks GREAT. And, sweet Avery is wearing her little "Oh, you're having a girl!" present from months ago! You both look beautiful. :)

Love you! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day with TWO this year!

Jennifer K said...

What an amazing week!! You have the cutest kids, and you look great!