I don't know that there was much "comedy" going on...but man did our weekend start with some serious errors!! We had THE MOST eventful trip to Hallettsville this past Friday. What a great kick-off to Memorial Day weekend. Here's the run-down of Friday...
*Got up early. We both had the day off...but I had a hair cut at 11:00am in Mineola. (Yes...our trip detoured through Mineola. I had scheduled a hair cut a few weeks ago, and we were taking some ceiling fans and window units to Adam's sister that we needed to pick up in Mineola.) Left on time...actually a bit early...off to a good start!
*As we pull into Mineola, Adam's truck was suddenly amplified by 10. He likes his truck loud (grrr...manly truck) but this was abnormally loud. We noted the change.
*Got to mom's house (because we were early for my hair cut) and Adam check's out the truck. Muffler = broken. Nice.
*I get my hair cut...Adam takes the truck to a shop.
*Man...did I get my hair CUT!! Let's just say...there were tears shed. It is growing on me now (no pun intended) but my first reaction was not so positive.
*Shop can't get to Adam's truck until after lunch. SO...about the time we were planning on leaving town...Adam is checking the Dodge into the truck doctor.
*We returned to Mom's house to try and doctor my hair (and so she could console my unending tears).
*3:30 the shop calls...truck is ready. Now for the drive to Hallettsville (about 5 and a half hours according to Yahoo maps.)
*4:30ish...actually leave Mineola. Our truck had a trailer with 4 window units and 4 ceiling fans, and in the bed were 3 dogs. Got a visual?
*Stop in Tyler. I needed to do some quick shopping (so I could look somewhat cute at Sally's wedding shower the next day) and Adam had to go visit an Auto Zone for radiator fluid. Yep...now the truck is trying to overheat. Nice. Again.
*I don't know what time we finally left Tyler...but I think it was around 6:00 or 6:30.
*Around 7:30 or 8:00 Avery is screaming. I don't mean crying...I mean SCREAMING! I thought she must be hungry, so we stopped in the parking lot of some TINY town's post office. She wouldn't eat. She just screamed. I stepped out of the truck with her to attempt to calm her down. Instant silence. She was just sick of the truck...which was not good considering we still had most of the trip in front of us.
*We spent about 15 minutes letting Braden and Avery stretch their legs, and then loaded up again. As soon as the truck started moving...Avery started screaming. It was looking like a long trip ahead.
*Next town...stop at a Sonic. MISTAKE!! This sonic had a little playground, so we decided we would get out and order...so Avery could calm down and Braden could play for a minute. Time was now about 8:00. We were still an easy 3 hours from Hallettsville.
*I have NEVER been to a Sonic this AWFUL. After about 20 minutes, Adam called and asked where our food was. They thought we had left. WHAT?? SO...they bring out some NASTY food...with no carbonation in our drinks...and charged us full price. The carhop said he would only charge us half price...then turned around...walked inside...and charged us full price. The manager basically said "What's done is done" and we left. Now it is probably 9:00 (maybe even 9:30.)
*Kids fall asleep pretty quickly after we started the drive.
*We FINALLY arrive in Hallettsville around 1:00 in the morning. YUCK!
The rest of the weekend was uphill. We celebrated with Sally and Kevin at their wedding shower on Saturday, had the annual Memorial Day Church Picnic on Sunday, and came home on Monday. We loved being with Adam's family and getting to spend more than one day there. I can't wait for summer so we can go and stay a while!!
I'll post pictures in the next day or two. I haven't uploaded them to the computer yet...and I am too tired to do that right now. I just wanted to share the "Trip from down below" before I forgot.
ONLY 6 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!!! (let me add a few more !!!!!!!!)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a weekend!! (Or, what a Friday!) I can't believe I haven't received a phone call about this yet!!! You should have called when you were traveling cross-country to get to Hallettsville. Are you feeling better about the hair too? Sorry it was a rough traveling day. I hope the weekend fun made up for it. :) Love you! Looking forward to hanging out this weekend!!
Wow, that is an eventful start to the weekend. I hope this weekend is more restful. I can't wait to see pictures of your hair! I am sure that it is very cute.
What a weekend! That is crazy! I bet your hair looks cute. Post some pictures.
Post a Comment